How do I get strated with mk22f microcontroler?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get strated with mk22f microcontroler?

jacewalton
Contributor III

I plugged in to board and opened a Hello world example program it built but would not run I got this error when i tried to debug

Error with command: gdb --version
Cannot run program "gdb": Launching failed

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

mr_max
Contributor IV

Hi Jace,

On which OS do you run KDS ? And which KDS version ?

0 Kudos

jacewalton
Contributor III

according to this

https://community.nxp.com/thread/339319#comment-474295 

I need to install an new boot loader onto the KM33f?

0 Kudos

jacewalton
Contributor III

Board:

FRDM-K22F

IDE:

Kinetis Design studio

Debugger:

Not completely sure I think I have tried OpenOCD and SEGGER J-Link.

Code:

is a demo app

located in C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk22f\demo_apps\bubble_level_ftm

I'll give more info next time thanks

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jace Walton,

1. Please check the debugger you are using at first.

After you plug the SDA USB port on the board to your PC, then check the device manager:

Computer->properties->Device Manager

pastedImage_1.png

This means, this FRDM-K22 is using the JLINK firmware.

2. About the sample code, please use the latest KSDK2.1-FRDM_K22 sample code.

Please go to this link:

Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools 

Choose Build an SDK, and choose board as FRDM-K22, generate the code and download the package.

SDK1.3 is really very old.

3. Use KDS open the bubble project:SDK_2.1_FRDM-K22F\boards\frdmk22f\demo_apps\bubble\kds

If you are using the JLINK as debugger, please choose Run-> Debug Configurations->GDB SEGGER J-link Debugging

Just like this:

pastedImage_3.png

Then you will find your board enter the debugger mode:

pastedImage_4.png

Please following my step to try it again.

The above step is based on win7 system.

If you still have problem, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jacewalton
Contributor III

OK I figured out the SDK. I can build and run projects that I make from scratch but I cannot get the demo projects to work.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jace,

Are you sure you have downloaded the bubble code?

If yes, after you download it, please refer to this link, get started

FRDM-K22F|NXP Development Platform|Kinetis MCU|NXP 

When the board is flat, the RGB LED is turned off, and when the board is tilted, the red or blue LEDs gradually illuminate based on the degree of tilt on the X- and Y-axis.

Please try it again on your side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jacewalton
Contributor III

I cannot import "working set of projects" but I can import an existing project. To explain, in the image is the import tool. the top circle is the import existing project. by using this method I can add the bubble project to the workspace but i am having trouble getting the functionality of the demo to work.

the bottom circle is the suggested method in the PDF to import the project, this however does not work. 

KDS Import proble.PNG

the link Kerry posted said that i need to download the code to the board. Is that different from debugging or running the program?

how do I download the code to the board?

I can debu the program and the bubble is off when level, but tilting the board while the code is running in the debugger does not light the red or blue LED's. 

What could the problem be?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jace,

Just use import an existing project, I also use it to import the bubble project.

Download to the flash, when you do the debugging, the code already download to the chip, you can exist the debug mode, and press the reset button on the board, then the bubble code will run.

If you in debug mode, you must press the resume to run the code:

pastedImage_1.png

About the light, please try it again after download the code to the board, and take case the X-axis and Y-axis:

FRDM-K22F|NXP Development Platform|Kinetis MCU|NXP 

I have test it on my FRDM-K22F board, it has no problem.

Please try it again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

jacewalton
Contributor III

I have downloaded the code to the board through the lightning flash button...

pastedImage_1.png

But the does does not run not in debug or when I press the reset button. 

I can step through the code in the debugger but it will not change the LED's.

I have tried multiple demos and 2 IDE's Kenitis and IAR workbench. 

I have tried 3 different bootloaders. 

What am i doing wrong?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Kenitis Design studio, with no success...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jace,

After you download it, you must title the board, the led will blink, if you don't move the board, the LED won't light.

When you buy the board, and power on it, can the on board LED light?

Now, follow my step to check the led.

1. Download the JLINK debug fimware from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

1) power off the board

2) press the on board reset button, hold on it, at the same time, power on the board

You will find your board is a device named as "BOOTLOADER"

Then release the reset button.
3) Send "01_OpenSDA_FRDM-K22F.bin" to the "BOOTLOADER", and wait it finished.

4) unplug the board, then plug it again.

You will find your board is a device named as "FRDM-K22FJ"

2. Please use my attached FRDM-K22 LED blink bin code.

unzip it, you will get a file named as : FRDM-K22F_OOBE_1v0.bin

3. Send FRDM-K22F_OOBE_1v0 to your FRDM-K22FJ device

Wait the sending is finished

Now, press the reset button, check the board, whether the LED can blink in RED, BLUE and GREEN?

If the led still can't blink, your on board LED may broken.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

jacewalton
Contributor III

How do I install this SDK? in downloaded it and unzipped it. but I cannot install it. do I just open the files or do Install this first.

I opened the files and it debugged and ran but the Bubble app dose not seem to function. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jace,

1. Please tell what the board you are using?

If you are using your own board, please tell us the chip part number.

2. What the IDE you are using?

3. What the debugger you are using?

4, what the code you are using?

Next time when you post the question, please give us the test platform as detail as possible, it will be useful to the problem solution.

Waiting for your reply!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos