cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z fails on programming (both OpenSDA and mbed), SWD errors

gustavsl
Contributor III

Hi.

I have a FRDM-KL25Z which was working flawlessly until recently. Now, there's an issue: the bootloader microcontroller (K20) apparently is not communicating with the KL25Z.

When I install the mbed firmware, any program I try to upload to it results in "SWD ERROR" on the fail.txt file.

I tried the solution propose on another topic, which was pressing the reset button before copying the file, but it didn't work. Seems to be a hardware problem, but I have no means to confirm that.

The KL25Z is still running the last code I programmed, so the microcontroller is working. There seems to be a problem with the communication.

I have already tested continuity on the SWD lines and it's all ok.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Gustavo.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gustavo,

I have seen cases where the mbed bootloader/debug application is not able to get hold of the KL25Z (it cannot stop it over SWD).

The solution was either to use the P&E (PEMicro) or Segger OpenSDA application instead.

I hope this helps,

Erich

gustavsl
Contributor III

Hi, Erich. Thanks for your response.

I was about to try flashing the new firmware when a new problem arose: I can't get into bootloader mode anymore (pressing the reset button while plugging the USB cable). Whether I turn it on pressing the button or not, it shows up as MBED.

The reset button works for resetting the board, so apparently it's not a physical problem.

0 Kudos