Type Specification file not found

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Specification file not found

intractablesubt
Contributor III

Since I converted my project to KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.2 I'm getting these errors when I start KDS:

Aug 13, 2015 9:06:48 AM Starting Processor Expert service

System directory = C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert

Internal cache directory = C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\PECache\6e5874fa

Processor Expert license file = not used (no license file)

Aug 13, 2015 9:06:54 AM Successfully started Processor Expert service

CDE: no license found, using Community Edition License

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_uart_hal\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.1"

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_mpu_hal\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.1"

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_hwtimer\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.1"

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_mcglite_hal\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.1"

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_rtc\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.2.0"

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_mcglite_hal\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.1"

Type Specification file not found: Beans\fsl_rtc\Items\*\* in repository "KSDK 1.2.0"

Cannot create new item, could not load item: symbol = SdkOSACommonMethods item = Beans\fsl_os_abstraction\Items\1.1.0-GA\fsl_os_abstraction_methods_common.item

I uninstalled KSDK 1.1 since I'm no longer using those components. I just instantiated the fsl_rtc component and started getting the error for it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William,

the Type Specification file not found error should be visible only in Component Development mode. It is Processor Expert issue that it is visible even when Component Development mode is disabled and I passed this problem to the development team.

To give you some context, Processor Expert components contains list of search paths where to look for some configuration files and in case of some components the list contains redundant paths causing the output in Console view you noticed. This redundancy should be fixed in KSDK 1.3.0. For KSDK 1.1.0 and 1.2.0, please ignore the error.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William,

How did you convert the project from KSDK 1.1.0 to 1.2.0?

If you want to upgrade to KSDK 1.2.0 I would better recommend you to create a new project with KSDK 1.2.0 and PEx and then copy the components configuration from your previous project with KSDK 1.1.0 to this new project.

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos