cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SDK 2.0 Project Wizard and MKL17Z

Jump to solution
geoff_s
Contributor III

I've been running Kinetis Design Studio 3.2 with SDK 2.0 since it was released.  I've successfully built and debugged some programs using the FRDM-KL27Z development board, and am now trying to get a program running on a custom board with a MKL17Z256 processor on it.

To start with, I've been trying to get a dummy program running based on just the Project Wizard, by using the File... New... SDK 2.0 Project Wizard.  I assign the project a name and select the MKL17Z256xxx4 from the list of availble SDK folders.  If I then select the "All drivers" option, the resulting empty program will not build - it reports a bunch of errors relating to an undefined type "LCD_type":

In file included from ../drivers/fsl_slcd.c:31:0:

../drivers/fsl_slcd.h:332:16: error: unknown type name 'LCD_Type'

If I select "Minimal set" under the Select Drivers step in the Project Wizard, the resulting empty program will build without error.

Has anyone else come across this ?  Other than not using the "All drivers" option, are there any workaround ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Geoff,

it seems that LCD peripheral is not available on MKL17Z256. Simply remove the fsl_slcd driver from the Eclipse project (right click on the file and selected "Delete").

You can remove this way any other SDK driver you do not want to use in your application.

Note: I'll log this defect to SDK development team to exclude LCD driver for MKL17Z256

Regards,

Marek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
geoff_s
Contributor III

Thanks Marek.

0 Kudos
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Geoff, if this solved your problem please mark the issue as "answered".

0 Kudos
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Geoff,

it seems that LCD peripheral is not available on MKL17Z256. Simply remove the fsl_slcd driver from the Eclipse project (right click on the file and selected "Delete").

You can remove this way any other SDK driver you do not want to use in your application.

Note: I'll log this defect to SDK development team to exclude LCD driver for MKL17Z256

Regards,

Marek

0 Kudos