Can't successfully connect a Segger J-Link to the TWR-K65F180M board. What am I missing? It seemed like it should have been relatively easy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't successfully connect a Segger J-Link to the TWR-K65F180M board. What am I missing? It seemed like it should have been relatively easy.

kirkclendinning
Contributor II

I've done the updates to the on board boot loader as suggested in other forums, thinking perhaps there was an issue there. However, still no joy. Jumper positions and a working procedure would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

kirkclendinning
Contributor II

After erasing the K22 chip and applying the information from 

"Welcome to GNU ARM Eclipse!"

(http://gnuarmeclipse.github.io)

My system has worked very well.

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

Having exactly the same issue, except my JLink does not support SWD, so I am unable to flash the K65 using JLink.  Found several threads discussing the issue, but nothing that appears to resolve the issue for me.  Have used the exact same debugger with a tower K60 board with no issues at all.  It's just this K65 tower board that is causing the issue.  I did remove J32.  I updated the firmware.  Nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

Got the JLink SWD working, but still unable to use my physical JLink debugger.  I am guessing I do need to add R68 and R69 to the Tower board to get the missing signals connected to J18.

0 Kudos

kirkclendinning
Contributor II

I appreciate the help by those in this forum. The bottom line was that I could only get the Segger to program the K65 when using SWD rather than JTAG. The documentation by both Segger and Freescale was abysmal. I could have paid for a Keil license with the time I wasted on Segger, Freescale and Eclipse. Sad really...

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kirk,

In addition of David, I suggest you update the latest firmware application. then try again.

Download the binary for the additional OpenSDA Application available for your board

Latest firmware application, you can choose one of them:

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for issues.

Try looking at this:

https://community.freescale.com/message/621652#comment-621652 

Attaching my Tower pictures too.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos