KDS Debug Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Debug Hardware

adamvadala-roth
Contributor I

I'm new to KDS, I am trying to use it to develop firmware for a range of hardware I designed based on the FreeScale MKL05 and MKV10 ARM Cortex M0+ Kinetis chips. For testing and development I have a FRDM-MKL05Z Freedomboard. I'd like to use the FRDM-MKL05Z as a programmer for the target hardware (custom PCBs). I also have a segger J-link debugger probe tool

- Can I use the FRDM-MKL05Z as a debugger for custom PCBs ? If so how do I interface it with KDS all the tutorials only cover other Freedomboards.

- Can I use the Segger J-Link debugger, if so how do I setup the J-Link with Kinetis Design Studio

If you want to know more about the hardware I am working on, I can edit and add more to this post, and I have a project page here: HydroPWNics • Hackaday.io

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

please refer below article for  how to Debug External Processors with USBDM and Freedom Board

Debug External Processors with USBDM and Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse

if i work with MKL05Z16xxx4, i can use below debugger setting to connect board via J-link interface.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos