HOST:PORT values question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOST:PORT values question

yuribachilov
Contributor I

Working with KDS, I am unable to upload the debug (gdb) version onto processor via J-Link.  Reason: I do not know how to obtain HOST:PORT values from the J-Link driver:-(.

I tried to use some values provided from within KDS: localhost:10000, but they are bogus.  If I replace 10000->2 (because driver itself has an address 2) it results in the same message: Connection to localhost:2 timed out.

If anybody knows where this part is described in documentation, I'll be very grateful.

Thank you,

Yuri Bachilov

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the default gdb target remote localhost port is 2331.

all the defautl GDB, SWO, Telnet port setting is as below:

pastedImage_0.png

you can find the related information documented in attached file. search the relevant key word in Chapter 3, you will see the default the port setting.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yuribachilov
Contributor I

Thank you very much, Zhang,

Unfortunately, localhost:2331 still does not work with my USB J-Link connection:(.

Following the ,pdf example I tried to run interactive gdb “GNU Tools ARM Embedded
5.3 2016q1
bin
arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe”

When I entered

(gdb) target remote localhost:2331

It responded with very crypted message:

localhost:2331: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

From this answer I am unable to understand the level of the success of the command I issued.

I try to continue: the next command in the .pdf is

(gdb) monitor reset

The response is:

“monitor” command not supported by this target.

When I try to “run” the response is

Don’t know how to run. Try “help target”

which means the command target remote localhost:2331 was insuccessful:(.

I am sorry to say your suggestion seemingly does not work,

Yuri Bachilov

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you use external Jlink emulator or FRDM board Jlink interface? if FRDM board, which board do you work with?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos