cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCAT for KV31F doesn't show tabs

Jump to solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

I have MCUexpresso 11.3, FreeMASTER 3.1.1.6, a TWR-KV31F120M board and SDK 2.9 for it, a TWR-MC-LV3PH motor board.  Google Chrome is my default browser.  I am working with the PMSM demo program with no changes of any kind.  The program starts and runs as expected, starting and stopping the motor from SW2.  I have read AN4642, Motor Control Application Tuning (MCAT) Tool for 3-Phase PMSM.  I have read AN4912, Tuning PMSM Sensorless Motors Using MCAT.

Based on another message here, I double click on pmsm_float.pmp, and FreeMASTER starts. From AN4912, I expect to see the NXP logo in the upper left corner, a banner header in red, two lines of tabs, a diagram labeled Application Description, and another box called Application Concept.

What I actually get is a box with Microsoft Bing in the upper left corner, and a search box preloaded with a file called StartMenu.html, a list of apparently random Google search results, and at the bottom a list of variables. If I click on the GO box, the program starts communicating with the board, and the speed variables are updated. But there are no tabs anyplace.

So how do I get tabs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Josef and Iulian--

Success!! I unpacked SDK 2.7 to a new folder, and executed the .pmp file from there.  MCAT started with all tabs showing.

Josef, when I created a project for a Tower card, it always chooses SDK 2.7, which I also had already installed.

Iulian, your suggested thread was very helpful.

Thank you both for your prompt help.

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Josef and Iulian--

Success!! I unpacked SDK 2.7 to a new folder, and executed the .pmp file from there.  MCAT started with all tabs showing.

Josef, when I created a project for a Tower card, it always chooses SDK 2.7, which I also had already installed.

Iulian, your suggested thread was very helpful.

Thank you both for your prompt help.

Gary

0 Kudos
joseftkadlec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary,

Just to clarify: TWR-KV31F120M board was supported in SDK 2.7. This board is not supported in SDK 2.9 anymore. Hopefully, I replicated the issue you are facing:

1. Downloaded SDK 2.7.0 for TWR-KV31F120M for MCUX IDE (I have 11.3.0)
  2. Installed the SDK and imported mc_pmsm project to my workspace (copied sources)
  3. I went to my workspace and ran pmsm_float.pmp from workspace and I got this error:joseftkadlec_0-1613722235822.png

The problem is that MCUX didn't copy the MCAT content correctly to workspace (HTML pages are missing). This might be caused by some backward incompatibility (MCUX11.3 vs. SDK2.7). I don't know the real reason, you can try an older version of MCUX IDE or make a manual fix:

1. Run the pmsm_float.pmp from unpacked SDK package: SDK_2.7.0_TWR-KV31F120M\boards\twrkv31f120m\demo_apps\mc_pmsm\pmsm_snsless\pmsm_folat.pmp OR
  2. Fix the MCAT in your workspace:
    1. Copy/replace the MCAT pmsm_float folder (SDK_2.7.0_TWR-KV31F120M\middleware\motor_control\freemaster\pmsm_float\  ->  workspace\twrkv31f120m_mc_pmsm\motor_control\freemaster\pmsm_float\joseftkadlec_1-1613722998898.png

2. Edit (re-comment) the pmsm_float\mcat\src\JS_functions\fileProcessing.jsjoseftkadlec_3-1613723842080.png

3. Set the path to MCAT in FreeMASTER -> Project -> Options -> HTML Pages to .\pmsm_float\mcat\src\MainPage.htmljoseftkadlec_2-1613723264086.png

I recommend the easier 1) option. I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Josef

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @GaryOlmstead,

Could you check the following:

1. Open project options dialog: Project→Options...(Ctrl+T)
  2. Navigate to HTML Pages tab
  3. Check that the control page URL & rendering engine are properly setCapture.PNG
  4. Confirm all resources are located in the corresponding path relative to pmp fileCapture1.PNG

If there are no issues with the above it may be a IE restriction (MCAT application is using ActiveX API and needs to be run inside Internet Explorer widget as seen in point 3 above). A possible solution, in this case, is described in this thread.

Hope this helps,
Iulian

PS: let me know if none of the above works, and I will ask someone from Motor Control team to take a look at your issue.

0 Kudos