get error to load freemaster project on PMSM with RT1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get error to load freemaster project on PMSM with RT1050

zhongshen
Contributor III

I run pmsm demo on lastest SDK for RT1050 on MCUXpresso and extract sdk package to dirctory:Documents\MCU**\Packages , and try to open Motor Control project with freemaster V 3.0. I get the error as following picture. Is there advise to fix it?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

DearZhong Shen

MCUXpresso IDE copies all project files to its own workspace with changed file structure. It’s mean that paths in FreeMASTER will be wrong.

Best solution will be use FreeMASTER project file (pmp) directly from zip file downloaded from SDK builder).

1. unpack zip (.... SDK_2.7.0_EVKB-IMXRT1050.zip) and run FreeMASTER pmsm_float_enc.pmp file located in c:\...\SDK_2.7.0_EVKB-IMXRT1050\boards\evkbimxrt1050\demo_apps\mc_pmsm\pmsm_enc\pmsm_float_enc.pmp
  2. txt. file for MCAT is located in C:\...\SDK_2.7.0_EVKB-IMXRT1050\middleware\motor_control\freemaster\pmsm_float_enc\mcat\param_files\M1_params_pmsm_evk-imxrt1050.txt
    (needed for proper parameters showing in MCAT)
  3. file with motor and control parameters m1_pmsm_appconfig.h used in code is located in MCUXpresso workspace. (in my case C:\...\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.0_3169_prc3\workspace\evkbimxrt1050_mc_pmsm\source\m1_pmsm_appconfig.h)
  4. The PMSM application uses FreeMASTER TSA feature for adressing variables so there's no need to set path to project out file.

If  you generate m1_pmsm_appconfig.h for new parameters of the motor via MCAT, file will be located next to pmsm_float_enc.pmp (C:\...\SDK_2.7.0_EVKB-IMXRT1050\boards\evkbimxrt1050\demo_apps\mc_pmsm\pmsm_enc\ m1_pmsm_appconfig.h).

So for using new generated parameters in code you must replace this file with file used in MCUXpresso workspace…

This workaround is valid only for SDK 2.7.

This issue is fixed in new SDK 2.8 that will be released in two weeks.

Regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Zhong Shen

this issue typically happens when Internet Explorer is disabled or restricted on the local computer. There are some general hints in this community thread. Please make sure you have the scripting and active content enabled in Internet Explorer options as in screenshots below.

Regards,

Michal

Advance Options.PNG

pastedImage_1.png pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

zhongshen
Contributor III

Dear Michal Hanak, 

Thanks for you reply. According to the advise, changed setting of IE options, the problem is still existed.

And I found I can run freemaster porject in MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0 software. Is there more differences with new SDK package?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, as we are only taking care about FreeMASTER framework and not about the individual projects which use FreeMASTER as a GUI, I will try to redirect your question to an owner of the PMSM demo. 

Thank you for your patience.

Michal

0 Kudos