Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM default output

Jump to solution
matthiasuhlmann
Contributor II

Hi all,

Can somebody tell me how I can configure the default PWM output if i disable output with "PWMx_OUTEN"

I configured output in case of a fault and this works correct, but if i disable output with "PWMx_OUTEN" all outputs are "0". Is there a way to set the state required?

Best Regards,

Matthias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Matthias,

If you clear the PWMA_EN/PWMB_EN bits in PWMA_OUTEN register, the PWM output pins will be disabled, in the case, the PWM_A and PWM_B pins will be float(in high impedance), the external pull-up or pull-down resistor will determine the pins state.

Because I am taking vacation, I can not test it, pls test it yourself.

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cabl
Contributor III

Maybe the PWMAFS field of the OCTRL register (page 669 in MC56F847xx Reference Manual, Rev. 1, 06/2012)

0 Kudos
matthiasuhlmann
Contributor II

HI Carlos,

PWMAFS in OCTRL is used to define the output state in fault state. I allready set up this register to define output in case of a fault detection, but if I disable the output using OUTEN the output state is not as defined in the OCTRL register...

0 Kudos
cabl
Contributor III

I don´t know. I once did something similar with PWMA_SWCOUT and PWMA_DTSRCSEL when I wanted to stop the PWM output at a desired value.

matthiasuhlmann
Contributor II

This is a possible work around i think.

I just hoped for a possibility to configure default output state to use OUTEN.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Matthias,

If you clear the PWMA_EN/PWMB_EN bits in PWMA_OUTEN register, the PWM output pins will be disabled, in the case, the PWM_A and PWM_B pins will be float(in high impedance), the external pull-up or pull-down resistor will determine the pins state.

Because I am taking vacation, I can not test it, pls test it yourself.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos