Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC56F82748 Internal Flash configuration problem

Jump to solution
terrybogard
Contributor II

Dear NXP expert,

I found if i set the WAIT IN RAM --Yes. my program will run out of control if I declare an array[64], but is declare an array[32] is OK. and I set WAIT IN RAM --No. the program will run well. Can you give me some explain? my opinion is the stack overflow. And any suggestion about WAIT IN RAM item will be welcome.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 162121.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As the following figure and the "WAIT IN RAM" explanation, if you select "WAIT IN RAM" as Yes, it is in polling mode, in other words, the function polls the flash status register and checks if the flash operation is complete.

If you select "WAIT IN RAM" as No, it is in interrupt mode, in other words, after the flash operation is over, an flash interrupt is triggered, and the ISR will be executed, in the ISR, the flash status variable is updated. The advantage of the method is that you can execute the other function while the flash is operated.

Hope  it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1638774461646.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
terrybogard
Contributor II

when I set the WAIT IN RAM --No, the data write into internal Flash is wrong.

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As the following figure and the "WAIT IN RAM" explanation, if you select "WAIT IN RAM" as Yes, it is in polling mode, in other words, the function polls the flash status register and checks if the flash operation is complete.

If you select "WAIT IN RAM" as No, it is in interrupt mode, in other words, after the flash operation is over, an flash interrupt is triggered, and the ISR will be executed, in the ISR, the flash status variable is updated. The advantage of the method is that you can execute the other function while the flash is operated.

Hope  it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1638774461646.png

0 Kudos