cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help on Serial Boot Facility of MCF52277EVAL Board

dinakarM
Contributor I

Hi,

I am Dinakar, working on MCF52277EVAL Board, I need to use Serial Boot Facility of this board to load my boot loader into internal SRAM. I have an application note (AN3514) but it is for MCF54455. I followed the same procedure incorporating changes needed for MCF52277 but I am not able to make the system come out of reset. I can see SPI communication and change of SPI clock after first byte reading but some how processor do not come out of reset.

I suspect the problem with reset configurations ( I tried several possiblities). Can some one give me some working file/guidelines RCON settings etc which are specific for MCF52277....

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

PaulH
Contributor I

The SBF module has an errata, SECF122, that prevents the seial boot facility on the 52274/52277 from functioning properly. After doing a serial boot, the movec instruction does not work. This means that you can not set VBR. VBR default is 0. Internal RAM can can't be located at 0x0. Therefore unless you have an external SRAM  located at 0x0, you will not have a place to put an exception table. (ie interrupts/exceptions will not work)

VBR is not the only register that is effected.

This errata is as of Rev1.3 of the part. As of  May 13.2010, Freescale does not intend to correct this problem.

0 Kudos