cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC68EN360 - ethernet transmit and receive issues

tomstorey
Contributor I

Hi all,

Ive been working on a project involving an old Cisco router that is using a 68EN360. I have ported FreeRTOS to run on it sucessfully, and have since been attempting to create a port for FreeRTOS+TCP.

Ive got it "working" in that I can ping the device, and even ping flood it briefly, but after a short while I am hitting some very strange behaviour that I cant seem to figure out.

But before I go spamming lots of details, is there someone out there in the community who is familiar with these devices and would be willing to help me out a bit and get me going in the right direction?

I will gladly make code available (after a little tidying up from all of my debugging and "try this, try that")

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
2 Replies

tomstorey
Contributor I

Ok, maybe I wont need any help after all.

I re-wrote my code that handles rx and tx interrupts, and switched to task notifications in FreeRTOS instead of using a queue, and its working incredibly well now.

None of the crashes, and none of the other odd behaviour that I was seeing.

Getting about 1000pps, and only lost 2 packets out of 1.1 million during a ping -f over 10 or so minutes. Leaps and bounds ahead of where I was.

Onwards.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for update the question status.

Have a nice day!

Mike

0 Kudos