cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel debug through BDM in M5484Lite EVB

raulen
Contributor III
Hi everybody!

I need some help to be able to run my system.

I am using a MCF5484 Lite evaluation board and I am going to use Linux as the operating system. I had   luck and could use the LTIB tool for this processor, that enables me to obtain easily the linux kernel image (kernel 2.6.25). I launched the system from U-Boot and I checked that all was OK.

I took the toolchain for this processor from Codesourcery (Sourcery G++ Lite 4.2.-25). Through the gdbserver and using Eclipse I can debug applications. But I also need to debug the kernel to add new drivers and other features. Using the Codesourcery Toolchain and by means of a P&E BDM device it should  be posible to debug the Linux kernel. I have two of these BDM devices: ParallelPortCable and USBMultilink, but I am not sucessful.

Does anyone have experience debugging the Linux kernel with this P&E BDM?

Any help will be welcome
Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

aeg
Contributor I
I've used P&E's USB BDM for some kernel debugging of the previous LTIB release (2.6.10) but it wasn't pretty. Basically, I used an older version of CodeWarrior to break the kernel where I wanted to and then step from there.

I think the latest CodeWarrior has module debug capabilities so that might work for you. Or wait until someone ports the kgdb for MCF547x/8x.

Best,
Andreas
0 Kudos

raulen
Contributor III
I am using Eclipse instead Codewarrior. Anyway, it would be enough to be able to debug the kernel through the gdb command line using the P&E BDM.

Could you resume the procedure you did with the P&E USB BDM?  It must be similar with the new LTIB.
0 Kudos