No Connection Provider for PBL Component for LS1012A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection Provider for PBL Component for LS1012A

ACGarland
Contributor III

I was following the instructions for generating a PBL configuration for the LS1012A using QCVS within CodeWarrior 11.2.5

Whenever I click on the PBL:PBL component, the following error dialog appears:

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 3.39.51 PM.png

When I look at the contents of the target_access_settings.xml file (/usr/local/Freescale/CW4NET_v2017.03/Common/QCVS/Optimization/resources/QorIQ/common/config/target_access_settings.xml), it appears that some targets include a targetAccessName value whereas others do not. The entry for the LS1012A does not.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 3.41.25 PM.png

Is this a problem? Should I modify the target_access_settings.xml file to mimic other entries?  Is this due to not having an active JTAG (TAP) connection?

I'm able to successfully generate a PBL.bin output file--but am not sure what to make of this error?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ACGarland
Contributor III

Sorry for the lengthy delay in replying: evidently I am not getting notified when you responded.

I tried switching to a newly created Eclipse workspace and then creating a new QorIQ Configuration Project As before, after it creates the default project, when I click on Components > PBL:PBL in the Component Inspector, I see the same error again.Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 5.03.58 PM.png

Would this occur because I don't have any target connections established yet (no CodeWarrior tap connected)?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My guess is that something happened during installation. But to be sure try to modify fsl_eclipse.bat from \CW4NET_v2017.03\CW_ARMv8\ by adding -clean option in the latest line as below:

:: start Eclipse
start "" "%ECLIPSEHOME%"\eclipse.exe --launcher.appendVmargs -clean -vmargs -Declipse.pluginCustomization="%PROPHOME%"

Adrian

0 Kudos

ACGarland
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I added the '-clean' argument, but that doesn't fix the problem. I'm running the Linux version of CW on Ubuntu so modified the last line of fsl_eclipse.sh:

"$eclipsehome"/eclipse/eclipse -vm "$eclipsehome"/jre/bin/java --launcher.appendVmargs -clean -vmargs -Declipse.pluginCustomization="$eclipsehome"/eclipse/cwarm.properties

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please switch to a new workspace and see if the issue persist.

Adrian 

0 Kudos