Can I use CodeWarrior for QorIQ LS Series ARMv8 Version 11.2.3 on Ubuntu 16.04

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use CodeWarrior for QorIQ LS Series ARMv8 Version 11.2.3 on Ubuntu 16.04

stacym
Contributor I

I've seen some information that Ubuntu 16.04 and CodeWarrior 11.2.3 do not work together, is this true?  The list of supported Operating Systems does not list Ubuntu 16.04 but I hoped maybe like the Power Processors, I might be able to  make it work (this note from Quick Start guide for Power  NOTE: Other Linux distributions can be used, but will likely require more manual identification and installation of missing libraries).

So far, I have installed CW Ver 11.2.3 on my Ubuntu 16.04 PC and manually installed the missing dependencies.  I am able to launch the  CW IDE.  The trouble I've encountered is that when I try to create a project, my processor family is not listed.  I'm using the LS1043A-RDB currently for development

Regards,

Stacy

0 Kudos
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ubuntu 16.04 is not officially supported, but we didn't see any issues after dependencies were installed. Please confirm if you run Version: 11.2.3, Build Id: 170322. If this is the situation, let me know if you used CW4NET2017.03 for installation or you did an update.

Adrian 

0 Kudos

stacym
Contributor I

Hello again,

I think I may have determined where I went wrong - I followed the wrong set of instructions for starting the CodeWarrior IDE.  The correct way to start it from Linux command line is:

cd <installdir>CW4NET_v2017.03/CW_ARMv8/eclipse

./eclipse

After doing this, the help/about show Version 11.2.3 and Build Id 170322

However, seems everything I try to do hangs with the dreaded spinning circle.  Thank you for the assist, probably will open new thread if I can't make any more progress

Stacy

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The correct way to start CW is to:

cd <installdir>CW4NET_v2017.03/CW_ARMv8/

./fsl_eclipse.sh

Adrian

0 Kudos

stacym
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your reply, I'm a bit confused, I downloaded the file CodeWarriorNetworkedApplicationsLinuxHosted-Onlinev2017.03.tar which came from the NXP Software & Support Product list, under "Current" Version 11.2.3 Description CodeWarrior for QorIG LS Series ARMv8 ISA Evaluation/Update.  I want to evaluate the product, perhaps that is why I don't have the full list of supported processors?

When I open the IDE and click Help/About the Installed Products shows this:

-CodeWarrior for APP

Version: 10.2.3
Build Id:170322

Thanks again,

Stacy

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Even it is an evaluation product, you should have all processors supported. Please provide the content of \CW_ARMv8\Config\boards\ folder.

Adrian

0 Kudos