cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.2 TargetTask needs to be updated

Jump to solution
arlo
Contributor I

I upgraded from CW 10.1 to CW 10.2, and when I try to flash my processor I get the following error message:

"TargetTask "MCF51QU128" needs to be updated because of new flash organization files in this version of CodeWarrior"

I cannot figure out how I can update the target task.  I had no problem with 10.1, but I am seeing the problem now. I can successfully run and debug the configurations I have set up, but I cannot use the Flash Programmer utility because of this error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately I think I would need a QU hardware to check this (which I do not have).

Asking around I was told that the MCU10.2 update 1.0.0 should have this fixed.

Could you check your CodeWarrior about box (Help > About) if it shows something like this:

Installed Products:
 - CodeWarrior for MCU
     Version: 10.2
     Build Id:120413

The build id with a date in 2012 and April (4) would indicate that you have loaded the 1.0.0 update.

Thanks,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I believe that you just need to open that target task.

Then in the list of flash devices, remove the existing flash device.

Then use 'Add device' to add the new one.

I hope this helps. Otherwise you might attach your project and I'll have a look,

BK

0 Kudos
arlo
Contributor I

Thank you for your response.  I am hoping not to sound ignorant, but how do you open the target task.  I have the Target Task tab opened at the bottom of my screen.  I have tried to import the target taks, but nothing appears.  I have even tried to create a new target task, but nothing happens.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

hmm, I do not have an option to select QU128 in my 10.1. Where did you get that support for it?

BK

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think I have found it. It is an additional service pack. downloading it right now.

BK

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have downloaded the service pack for QU and MCU10.1, created a project, created a flash target task and imported that into MCU10.2. I do not have any QU hardware, but the dialog you mention does not show up for me?

Maybe you have used an early service pack installed?

The thing is: that "TargetTask needs to be updated" dialog shows up in my view if the flash organization XML has been chagned (e.g. because the documentation was not accurate to describe the real silicon). That's because it needs to be updated.

It is hard for me to give you guidance without seeing what you see. So if you do not mind and if you have a simple project for me, then I could give you more of a helping hand

Otherwise:

Hope this helps,

BK

arlo
Contributor I

Ok, so I updated MCU10.2 to make sure I had the latest service packs (I downloaded from http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_2/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite ).  I then created a brand new Bareboard Project using the wizard and standard defaults.  I can run and debug the sample project without any problems, but as soon as I open the Flash Programmer and try to "Erase and Program" the sample project I get the "TargetTask needs to be updated" message box.

I have attached the sample programming I was using.  I have also attached the Configuration File I am using which I have found in the \MCU\bin\plugins\support\TargetTask\Flash_Programmer\Coldfire folder

Thank you for your patience and your help!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately the target task is not part of the project you have sent.

Could you:

- open/go to the target task view

- right click on the target task and select Export

- save the file as *.ttf and attach it to this thread

?

Thanks,

BK

0 Kudos
arlo
Contributor I

Sorry, I have not been extremely clear.  I am not trying to flash a my processor from the target task view. I am actually doing it from the "Flash File To Target" window (I have attached a screen shot of it).

However, after your last post I did create a target task.  I get the same error with that target task as I do when I try the above.  I also attached the target task that I created.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately I think I would need a QU hardware to check this (which I do not have).

Asking around I was told that the MCU10.2 update 1.0.0 should have this fixed.

Could you check your CodeWarrior about box (Help > About) if it shows something like this:

Installed Products:
 - CodeWarrior for MCU
     Build Id:120413

The build id with a date in 2012 and April (4) would indicate that you have loaded the 1.0.0 update.

Thanks,

BK

0 Kudos
arlo
Contributor I

I have:

- CodeWarrior for MCU
     Build Id:120126

I have tried to install the 1.0.0 update, but nothing changes in the about menu.  I have even gone to the freescale website and downloaded 10.2 again, uninstalled my current version and installed the most recent, but I still have the same Build Id and the same bug.

Thanks

0 Kudos
arlo
Contributor I

I was finally able to install the 1.0.0 update.  It required uninstalling CodeWarrior 10.2 and reinstalling it with the bare minimum features.  Once installed, the 1.0.0 update was able to be installed. As Erich suggested, it fixed my problem.

0 Kudos