cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE road map

crane
Contributor III

Hi,

Does anyone know if Freescale plans to make an Eclipse version for S12 targets as well. If so, will it be shared with the S08 version. 

I've never understood why two almost identical IDEs have to be used for the different targets. It ought to be relatively easy to integrate them into the same environment.

/Håkan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nhtshot
Contributor II

I'd also like to know this. The old codewarrior IDE is pretty tired.

Why do the 8bit guys get all the goodies? I spend 4x as much per chip as they do...

0 Kudos

Jim_P
Contributor III

maybe you are spending 4X, I believe that the volume of the 8 bit micros is much larger.

0 Kudos

nhtshot
Contributor II

You may be correct. I can't say one way or another. Perhaps the 16bit parts with the Xgate are so capable that they cannibalize some 32-bit sales. They did in my case.

Really though, just like the parent, I'm just looking for a roadmap.

Is an eclipse IDE for 16-bit never going to happen due to lower volume? Is it already in the works? Are they purposely not doing it for some reason?

I realize that none of the fourm readers are likely to have this information, but this is the only place I could think of to ask the question. I just renewed my annual agreements. I really hate shelling out 2k/user for an editor/debugger that doesn't improve on 1980's vintage Turbo-C.

0 Kudos