Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optimization problem differently between CW10.5 and CW7.2

Jump to solution
kevincarcel
Contributor II

Hello

I have a project developed in CodeWarrior 7.2 and i'm trying to pass to CodeWarrior 10.5. This project has the posibility of to be reprogramed. In the old version of CW, all the functions this project had been defined in specified memory sections. The optimization options, had been fixed with level 4 and optimization size.  Now I have a problem  with the new compiler of CodeWarrior 10.5. The optimization of code, with same options, is different and now xmap file does not match the old xmap file. This is a problem because i need that code is always in the same place. Please, can someone help me?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin:

Sorry for the time with no response.

I think you are correct that the compiler has been updated since CodeWarrior for ColdFire v7.2 to CW v10.x, and hence you will not see the exact same code.

If you need to place functions or variables at specific spaces in memory, you can refer to application note AN4329.

Hope this helps!

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin:

Sorry for the time with no response.

I think you are correct that the compiler has been updated since CodeWarrior for ColdFire v7.2 to CW v10.x, and hence you will not see the exact same code.

If you need to place functions or variables at specific spaces in memory, you can refer to application note AN4329.

Hope this helps!

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kevincarcel
Contributor II

hello Jorge

thanks for your answer. I'll have to give up that idea, even so thanks.

Regards

Kevin Carcel