Re-installing CodeWarrior v9.2 on Windows 7 64 Bit after hard drive crash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-installing CodeWarrior v9.2 on Windows 7 64 Bit after hard drive crash

tdm
Contributor I

First, my apology if I am posting this request in the wrong place.  I did look at the licensing forum, and I did submit a service request.  I also searched the forum as Tom Thompson recommended, and I saw a post, "Installing CodeWarrior v9.2 on Windows 7 64 bit".  My request/situation is similar to that request in this forum, so I am posting this question here (as I have not yet received a reply to the service request I submitted yesterday--still within the 48-window for receiving a reply).

We were running CodeWarrior v9.2 on a PC that crashed.  We were able to recover the hard drive's files and copy the files to a new PC, but the programs on that PC--including CodeWarrior--do not run, possibly because of missing registry entries, the data's being copied to a Window 7 64 bit PC from what was probably a Windows XP 32 bit PC, etc.  We have the license.dat file along with some customized .rcp and .mcp files that were created by individuals who no longer work for our company.  We do not have any CodeWarrior installation disks/files.

So really short version, what do we need to do (or is it possible) to get CodeWarrior v9.2 running on the new PC with our customized files from the old PC?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

tdm
Contributor I

This question can now be closed.  We ended up locating a Windows XP Professional CD and a SATA drive.  Our tech copied all recoverable files from the failed hard drive to the SATA drive, disabled some setting used by Windows 7 that is not used by XP to allow us to run the Windows XP install CD, and then did--I think--a repair install from the CD on the SATA drive.  When the process was complete, we were able to run CodeWarrior and other software on the PC as we did previously without having to re-install anything else.  Thanks to those who replied to this post.

0 Kudos

jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim,

Here is some information that may be helpful you your case in the links below you will find a guide on how to install the 9.2 CodeWarrior on a Windows 7 machine and also the link to download and the CodeWarrior file with a 30 days license.

Document: AN3936

Download: CW 9.2 Evaluation

If you have any other questions please feel free to replay back.

Regards,

0 Kudos

tdm
Contributor I

Jorge,

Thank you for the reply. In the “Comments - More” section of my service request, I mentioned that the version of the software we have installed is: CodeWarrior Development Studio for Palm OS Platform, Version 9.2 Professional Edition. When we try to run the CodeWarrior compiler part, it appears that the Palm OS software/part is not installed/working. Do you have an installer for the Palm OS, or is there a way we can get this part to work? Thanks!

Tim Morris

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So you are not using CodeWarrior for MobileGT v9.2, which is introduced in the webpage below:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MOBILEGT

This tool only works on Windows Palm OS. What is your target MCU or Processor?

Your CodeWarrior should be very old and released before 2004. It is unavailable on our website.

Please use Freescale on line support web page.

- Go to following URL: http://www.freescale.com/TechSupport

- Click on “Create Service Request”.

- You can submit your request through the web from there.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tdm
Contributor I

Jorge Plascencia and Xin Kuang, thank you for your replies.  You are correct that our version is very old and is not the CodeWarrior for MobileGT v9.2.  Ours is "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Palm OS Platform, Version 9.2 Professional Edition".  Freescale Technical Support has confirmed that our install.dat file is good and has offered to re-host it, but said the Palm OS installer is no longer available and suspect we are likely to encounter issues with moving from what was probably a Windows XP 32-bit environment to a Windows 7 64-bit environment.  Our tech support team is rechecking the bad hard drive to see if they can recover a system restore point and/or other resources that may allow them to reset registry keys, and we may now explore the possibility of just trying to move the recovered files to a Windows XP 32-bit system.

0 Kudos