cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure for mesh network - ZigBee

thrillseeker
Contributor I
hi all,
       i'm still new in zigbee ang i have a problem in configuring my wirelessuart project into a mesh network. i  have 1 coord, 1 router and 1 end device. it seems that there are no instructions on how to configure a mesh network in the documents included in the beekit package. what option will i choose in the beekit?will it be residential security with mesh networking or no security with mesh networking?can somebody please help me on this? another question is that is it possible for my messages from my end device to reach my coordinator through a router in a mesh network without the messages displayed in my router?thanks ahead for the reply!

best regards,
kris

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-09-11 12:35 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

thrillseeker
Contributor I
hi bitashobani,
              i'm sorry but i can't really realize the mesh networking set-up. using wirelesuart, i first bind coord to router then router to end device but the routing of data from end device to coord doesn't seem to happen. do i still have to change the codes in the wirlessuart solution? and which one?thanks again.

br,
kris
0 Kudos

bitasobhani
Contributor III
Hi
You don't need to bind end device to router then router to coordinator. It is enough to bind end device to coordinator only. Your data messages will be sent through router from end device to coordinator, if the end device is out of the covering range of the network and is connected to the network through router. That is router is used to extend range of the network.
Hope this helps
0 Kudos

bitasobhani
Contributor III
Hi
If security is not an important issue to your network, choose mesh without security. This is a usual choose.
When creating your own application, you should chande only the application layer of one of the existing Beekit codebases which seems closest to your own application.
If you load your modified code to a zigbee node that was defined as a Router in Beekit configuration, it can be used for extending the range of the network.
Hope this helps

0 Kudos