can't install PE Driver for using openSDA on FRDM KL26

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install PE Driver for using openSDA on FRDM KL26

chriszhang
Contributor I

I try to get my FRDM KL26Z board going. But I am not able to install the PE driver which is needed for openSDA.

When I try to install the PEDriver (Hardware Interface Drivers Ver11) from PE micro, I keep getting message "Cannot open service control manager. Make sure you are running with Admin privileges". I'm pretty sure I have admin privilege on my machine. I'm running Win7 Pro.

Any one has any idea?

I appreciate your help!

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you download the drivers from the P&E webpage? Here is the link for the OpenSDA webpage P&E Microcomputer Systems. Have look at this tutorial you may find it useful Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

Try to update the driver via the Device Manager on your Windows computer looking for an update or install driver for the OpenSDA connected device.

If you still having problems with this I recommend to contact P&E support for more information about their products.

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chriszhang
Contributor I

Thanks for your response. I already figured out there's something wrong with my PC. I started with a new WIN7 installation and the drive can be installed without any problem.

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos