i.MX Yocto Project: What Can I Do if I Run Into a Compilation Error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1. When reusing the build directory, sometimes compilation errors are seen; to overcome these, a fast solution is to clean the Share State Cache of the particular recipe/package

$ bitbake <name of the recipe> -c cleansstate

2. Re-run the recipe

$ bitbake <name of the recipe>

3. Re-run the bitbake command you were running, before getting into trouble. For example:

$ bitbake fsl-image-gui

In case the problem persists, please send the log into the mailing list or check if this issue has been reported previously.

Labels (1)
Comments

Hello

I have bad luck and I run into a compilation error. The error comes at xserver compilation. How can I know the exact <name of the recipe> for that recipe?

Thanks

Usually when there is an error, the message is in red and it contains the name of the recipe/package. Can you post your log? What image are you building?

Leo

Hello and thanks Leo

I think I can remember a cuestion about coloring test during installation process. I fear I have difficulty with some obscure letters and I answered 'No colors'. Do you think I can get back the cuestion?

Testing and looking deeper I find that the directory containing the tmp\log.do_compile* files seems to be the recipe name: xserver-xorg-2_1.11.2-r11, in this case. But I did the cleanstate option and not get solved the problem. So I also wrote to the mailing list with the error.

I can not find how to attach the log with the errors. These are the lines where the error comes:

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-libtool: compile:  arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -I../hw/xfree86/dri -I../mi -I../hw/xfree86/dri2 -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wbad-function-cast -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wshadow -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wredundant-decls -Werror=implicit -Werror=nonnull -Werror=init-self -Werror=main -Werror=missing-braces -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=return-type -Werror=trigraphs -Werror=array-bounds -Werror=write-strings -Werror=address -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/freetype2 -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/sync -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -fvisibility=hidden -I/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/libdrm -I/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/libdrm -I/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/X11/dri -DGLX_USE_TLS -DPTHREADS -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -c glxscreens.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/glxscreens.o

In file included from ../include/privates.h:145:0,

from ../include/pixmapstr.h:53,

from ../include/windowstr.h:52,

from glxscreens.c:37:

../include/dix.h:532:22: warning: redundant redeclaration of 'ffs' [-Wredundant-decls]

In file included from ../include/dixstruct.h:28:0,

from glxserver.h:42,

from glxdricommon.c:38:

../include/dix.h:532:22: warning: redundant redeclaration of 'ffs' [-Wredundant-decls]

from ../include/cursor.h:54,

from ../include/scrnintstr.h:54,

from glxdriswrast.c:42:

../include/dix.h:532:22: warning: redundant redeclaration of 'ffs' [-Wredundant-decls]In file included from ../include/privates.h:145:0,

from glxdri.c:40:

In file included from ../include/dixstruct.h:28:0,

from glxserver.h:42,

from glxcmds.c:38:

from glxdri2.c:39:

glxdricommon.c: In function 'createModeFromConfig':

glxdricommon.c:141:32: error: 'GLX_RGBA_BIT' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:141:32: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

glxdricommon.c:143:32: error: 'GLX_COLOR_INDEX_BIT' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:147:33: error: 'GLX_NON_CONFORMANT_CONFIG' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:149:33: error: 'GLX_SLOW_CONFIG' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:151:33: error: 'GLX_NONE' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:156:42: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_1D_BIT_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:158:42: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_2D_BIT_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function)

glxdricommon.c:160:42: error: 'GLX_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_BIT_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function)

Thanks again and best regards

if the '-c cleansstate xserver-xorg' did not help, I think the next step is to remove the whole tmp folder (yes, it hurts :smileyhappy:) . Regarding the colour question, somewhere on the setup this question is done, and I do not know who to change this setting.

Again, what image are you building? if this issue happening on dylan branches?

Hello Leonardo

Sorry. I forgot to answer your second question. danny is the branch we are compiling. We got a succesful compilation on a virtual machine but when we do, apparently, the same thing in a real linux, it failed.

Thanks

Hello

I felt very sad about having to delete tmp directory. So I renamed it to tmp_no instead of deleting it. Then do the bitabke fsl-image-gui. The build process give us this warnings:

WARNING: The recipe is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files are:

/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/GL/glx.h

/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/GL/glext.h

/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/GL/glu.h

/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/GL/gl.h

WARNING: The recipe is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files are:

/home/dgg/rootfs_buider/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabrelite/usr/include/GL/glxtokens.h

and end the buiild process correctly ... and soon :smileyshocked: .

After it, I understand that rename is not the same that delete. The process must be using yet the tmp_no directory and has been able to do something in the new directory. I am going to delete now the tmp_no directory and see what happens.

Thanks

Hi Diego,

AFAIK, Danny branches are not updated anymore. In case you want the most update & stable branch, use Dylan branches (there must be a way to jump from branchs A to branches B using the repo command. In case there is no way, you need to 'repo -init -b dylan' again)

Leo

Thanks Leonardo

As a matter of fact, danny is not working on imx6 q sabre lite.  We write on another post saying that the compiled image has errors on start and they said to us that we must use dylan. We create a new directory and it will end compiling in a few miuntes ... I hope :smileyhappy:

Thanks again  and best regards

08/13 dylan working. thanks

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎02-08-2013 09:47 AM
Updated by: