So far I have not been able to successfully get the i.MX 8QuadMax MEK board to boot. Ideally, I would like to get this eval kit booting and to flash the M4 binary, with Trace32, however, I cannot seem to get the provided Linux image to boot from the SD card, either.
Initially I tried writing a SCFW image (provided by Lauterbach) to the SD card. After doing this I attempted to load an M4 binary using Trace32, however T32 reported that there were CPU Bus errors when attempting to attach.
At this point, I assumed that there could be issues with the SCFW image and decided to try simply using the IMX8QM Linux image, which is provided at the "IMXPRERELEASES: Alpha / Beta BSPs for Microprocessors" page: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.19.35_1.0.0_MX8QM&appType=license . This was not successful either.
- Writing SCFW or Linux image to SD card
- Inserting SD card into J19
- Setting the Boot Switch Selection (SW2) with POS-3 and POS-4 ON for Boot Device SD1, with the rest of the switches in the OFF position.
- With the SCFW image:
- Power Cyclic the board and attempting to flash the M4 software using T32.
- Pressing the MEK Reset Button (SW3) and attempting to flash the M4 software using T32.
- With the Linux L4.19.35_1.0.0_MX8QM image:
- Connecting the USB Debug port (J19)
- Opening 2 PuTTY sessions (One for each FTDI connection that appears after connecting USB calbe ) with Baud rate: 115200 (as per the instructions in IMX8QUADMAXQSG.pdf).
- Power Cycling or pressing the SW3
- Hitting enter in both PuTTY terminals.
For the Linux case, are there any steps that I am missing in order for this board to successfully boot?