CAN API ROM drivers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN API ROM drivers

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Do the API ROM drivers run the interface in "basic" mode or in whatever the other mode is called?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lan,

I don't think the CAN ROM API just work in basic mode, you also can work in other mode.

But, if there no API code in the ROM API, you need to use the CAN register to configure the according mode.

You can test it to check it on your side.

Besides, next time when you post question, please also tell us what the LPC chip you are using.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Thanks. The processor is a LPC1517 (hence why I posted it in the LPC15xx section).

There seemed to be no API that sets up messages in the internal CAN RAM, only C_CAN_MsgTransmit, which simply sends a message (so I assumed it was sent in "basic" mode)

I would much prefer to run the interface by writing to the registers rather than using the API, and I would prefer the non-"basic" mode so that I trigger pre-stored messages in the internal RAM. The manual explains the registers quite well, but what would be really nice is an example. That might save me some time over experimenting and watching on the oscilloscope.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ian,

CAN ROM function is limit, if you want to have the CAN full function, I suggest you control the CAN module directly.

To LPC1517, I don't have the code directly, but I have a CAN code for LPC11C24, please don't worry, you also can refer to it. I check the LPC1517 and LPC11C24 CAN module, it is nearly the same.

Please check my attache MDK project.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos