AnsweredAssumed Answered

Redlink server unable to connect to core

Question asked by Eduard Abelló on Aug 23, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2017 by Eduard Abelló

FRDM-KL82Z on the MCUXpressoIDE  

After working a while an error appeared during a debug session reporting that it was impossible to stop the debug session, I pressed both stop buttons and it seemed all alright but when I tried to debug again and this error kept appearing every time I try it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Ns: MCUXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v10.0 (Jun 22 2017 23:31:55 - crt_emu_cm_redlink.exe build 272)  Pc: ( 0) Reading remote configuration  Wc(03). No cache support.  Pc: ( 5) Remote configuration complete  Nc: Reconnected to existing redlink server (PID 4294967295)  Nc: Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'  Nc: Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'  Nc: Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'  Nc: Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(36). Could not connect to core.  Ed:02: Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.  Et:31: No connection to chip's debug port  Pc: (100) Target Connection Failed  Nc: error closing down debug session - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

I also tried to use other debuggers and to do a mass erase but it reports the same error.   The board is connected via USB using the SWD option.    Thank you very much.

I checked some information on the community but I havent been able to solve my problem:

"Could not connect to core" with LPCXpresso546xx board 

I want to remark that I've been able to debug with the board for 2 weeks tils this happened.

I thought it could be a problem of the board so I switched to another FRDM KL82Z board that I have and I've been able to debug 1 time before appearing the same error.

I also uninstalled MCUXpresso IDE and installed it again and the error persisted, I have no red link process on the background and I tried diferent USB ports and cables and also powering the board through the two USB inputs available.

Outcomes