Emacs and Make have never looked so good!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emacs and Make have never looked so good!

Jump to solution
johnwhitmore
Contributor III

Managed to get permission to download LPCExpresso, that was weeks ago. At the time it took a few days and by the time I got permission I'd just started using emacs, gcc-arm and make. So after weeks of coding, and with a lull, I decided that I might go back and try out this IDE. Got it installed but do you think I could get J-Link integrated into the IDE?

Now I know that NXP will point at Segger, and Segger will point at Eclipse, and Eclipse will point at the moon, but a full day later and I'm still no closer to having a working system. The subject line says it all. This has been a wasted day. Actually possibly not entirely wasted I think it might deserve a YouTube video to outline the ease of use, or lack there of.

I'm struggling to install anything because of LPCExpresso's unsatisfied dependencies. Any piece of Software that is smart enough to know that there is an unsatisfied dependency should be smart enough to just go and satisfy it. At present struggling with a missing filesystem 1.6.1 and others. Top google search for that throws up a forum question on eclipse back in 2009, so old it's not even worth looking at. Is LPCExpresso based on Eclipse 2009?

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: GNU MCU C/C++ QEMU Debugging 3.1.5.201707111115 (ilg.gnumcueclipse.debug.gdbjtag.qemu.feature.feature.group 3.1.5.201707111115)
  Missing requirement: GNU MCU C/C++ Core 4.1.1.201707111115 (ilg.gnumcueclipse.core 4.1.1.201707111115) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.filesystem 1.6.1' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: GNU MCU C/C++ QEMU Debugging 3.1.5.201707111115 (ilg.gnumcueclipse.debug.gdbjtag.qemu 3.1.5.201707111115)
    To: bundle ilg.gnumcueclipse.core 0.0.0
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: GNU MCU C/C++ QEMU Debugging 3.1.5.201707111115 (ilg.gnumcueclipse.debug.gdbjtag.qemu.feature.feature.group 3.1.5.201707111115)
    To: ilg.gnumcueclipse.debug.gdbjtag.qemu [3.1.5.201707111115]

Tags (2)
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MCUXpresso IDE directly supports the use of SEGGER J-Link probes. The older LPCXpresso IDE product does not - and was not designed to - although it is possible to get SEGGER working in LPCXpresso IDE using the information on SEGGER's website and a 3rd party plugin.

Thus if you want to use J-Link, then use MCUXpresso IDE not LPCXpresso IDE. For more information on MCUXpresso IDE, visit http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide

If you require assistance on LPCXpresso IDE, then I would suggest posting in the LPCXpresso forum (LPCXpresso IDE ) rather than this one, which is the MCUXpresso IDE forum.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
johnwhitmore
Contributor III

Thanks for that. For some reason my search for NXP IDE led me to an outdated version. :-(

I'll give the later one a try. Thanks a million for the Information

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MCUXpresso IDE directly supports the use of SEGGER J-Link probes. The older LPCXpresso IDE product does not - and was not designed to - although it is possible to get SEGGER working in LPCXpresso IDE using the information on SEGGER's website and a 3rd party plugin.

Thus if you want to use J-Link, then use MCUXpresso IDE not LPCXpresso IDE. For more information on MCUXpresso IDE, visit http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide

If you require assistance on LPCXpresso IDE, then I would suggest posting in the LPCXpresso forum (LPCXpresso IDE ) rather than this one, which is the MCUXpresso IDE forum.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos