AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Could not connect to core" with LPCXpresso546xx board

Question asked by Christian Keydel on Jul 19, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 by LPCX presso support

I have latest MCUXpresso 10.0.2 with all drivers updated. Windows 10 machine and starting with a simple gpio_led_output example from the SDK (2.2). I can build fine. When I start the debugger, I get to the "Connect to target: LPC54618J512" dialog that says "1 probe found". The probe name is "LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.182". Under "Supported Probes" there is "MCUXpresso IDE Link Server (incl. CMSIS-DAP) probes". So far so good.

When I continue I get these "Error reported by target", though:

02: Failed on connect
  Could not connect to core.
  31: No connection to chip's debug port

In the console I see:

MCUXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v10.0 (Jun 22 2017 23:31:55 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 272)
Found chip XML file in C:/Users/XXXXX/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411/workspace/lpcxpresso54618_driver_examples_gpio_led_output/Debug\LPC54618J512.xml
(  5) Remote configuration complete
Reconnected to existing redlink server (PID 4294967295)
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'
Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
No connection to chip's debug port
error closing down debug session - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.

The DFU-Link jumper JP5 is inserted but it doesn't matter even if I remove it since the debugger has the latest firmware.

The same board works fine in the Keil uVision debugger (with JP5 removed) and I can program it with Flash Magic (with JP5 inserted). My board is a Rev.C. I also have a second board (Rev.B) that behaves exactly the same.

I even tried the previous version 10.0.0 of MCUXpresso and I tried different USB ports (USB 2.0, 3.0, directly on the PC, via hub) but nothing makes any difference.

I am really at the end of my wits. Help?

Outcomes