Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkerscript Error occured in MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.0

Jump to solution
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi lpcxpresso_support.

I'm using IMXRT1050-EVKB with SDK v2.4.2 and IDE v10.2.1.

When I upgrade My project to SDK v2.5.0 and IDE v10.3.0, Linkerscript Error occured as follows.

build_error_MCUXpressoIDE_v1030.png

Q. Where is "extrasections_text.ldt"?

Linker Setting is as follows.

linkerscript_setting.png

And Build error message is as follows.

Building target: IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL.axf
Invoking: MCU C++ Linker
arm-none-eabi-c++ -nostdlib -L"C:\MCUX_workspace\v1030\IMXRT1050-EVKB\IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL\libs" -Xlinker -Map="IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -print-memory-usage -Xlinker --sort-section=alignment -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -T IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL_Debug.ld -o "IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL.axf" 
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.3.0_2200/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_10.3.0.201811011841/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe:IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL_Debug.ld:0: syntax error
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:131: IMXRT1050-EVKB_APL.axf] Error 1

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The most likely reason for this error is that one or more of the names of the memory regions specified in the "Extra linker script input sections" entries of the Managed Linker Script page don't match the actual memory regions listed in the memory configuration for your project (in the MCU settings). "NOCHACHE" in particular looks suspicious.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The most likely reason for this error is that one or more of the names of the memory regions specified in the "Extra linker script input sections" entries of the Managed Linker Script page don't match the actual memory regions listed in the memory configuration for your project (in the MCU settings). "NOCHACHE" in particular looks suspicious.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi LPCX presso support.

Thank you for responding!

I have coinfirmed Memory Configuration editor, the setting had be initialized.

Once I set it again I can build it.

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos