Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV46 : How to get a system/core clock @ 100MHz with 8 MHz crystal

Jump to solution
frq04646
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi all,

I'm using board HVP-KV46F150M, with KV46 on it.

KV46 is clocked with external crystal @ 8 MHz, with load capacitors @ 10pF.

I would like to set up system & core clocks to 100 MHz, which is the maximum in RUN mode, according to datasheet.

However, I can't find a configuration matching this requirement when using MCUXpresso Clock Tool.

The reason is that the PLL output frequency must be in range 220 MHz - 480 MHz, and the only way I found to get 100MHz on system/core clock is to have PLL output @ 200 MHz (see attached capture)

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Pierre

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pierre,

- It seems if the external crystal is 8Mhz, the PEE mode can not generate core clock with 100MHZ.

From the datasheet we can see the PLL output range is 110MHZ - 240MHZ,

pastedImage_1.png

so the range of PLL on Clock configure tool is 220 - 480 , it can't choose 200MHZ.

- You can increase the external crystal, for example 16MHZ:

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pierre,

- It seems if the external crystal is 8Mhz, the PEE mode can not generate core clock with 100MHZ.

From the datasheet we can see the PLL output range is 110MHZ - 240MHZ,

pastedImage_1.png

so the range of PLL on Clock configure tool is 220 - 480 , it can't choose 200MHZ.

- You can increase the external crystal, for example 16MHZ:

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

frq04646
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alice,

Thanks for pointing this part of the datasheet out. Answer is clear.

Kind Regards

Pierre