MC9S12E128 Controller Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12E128 Controller Board

stephenhayes
Contributor I

Hi I@m busy designing a UPS system using the Single Phase On-Line UPS Using MC9S12E128 reference design. However I cant find any information on the @MC9S12E128 Controller Board. Can anybody tell me where I can find this information?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

I suppose that you looking for information about M68EVB912E128 evaluation board (also known as Adapt9S12E128).

http://www.nxp.com/pages/mc9s12e128-64-evaluation-board-evb:M68EVB912E128

User guide:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/M68EVB912E128UM.pdf

Connector Pin Out:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/supporting-information/M68EVB912E128CP.pdf

Producer page:

http://www.technologicalarts.ca/shop/store/details/440/112/9s12/adapt9s12e/modules/adapt9s12e128-ful...

and their document folder:

http://support.technologicalarts.ca/docs/Adapt9S12E/

Unfortunately, currently, we don’t have this board here.

There was also second evaluation board from SofTec: PK-HCS12E128

The board is no longer supported from their side but we still may offer at least manual and schematic documentation for that.

And we have this board here. Please let me know if you interest for that board.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stephenhayes
Contributor I

Hi Radek

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately the controller board that I'm looking for is not the same as the ones you mentioned.

The MC9S12E128 controller board that I'm looking for is mentioned in the user manual DRM064 on on page 21 and 22.

Attached is the link to the user manual below hopefully it will look familiar to you.

DRM064

Thanks a lot

Stephen

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for clarification.

Attached is S12E128 Control Board user manual include schematic.

I hope it helps you.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

stephenhayes
Contributor I

Hi Radek

Thank you so much that really helps me a lot.

One more question (I promise) do NXP still sell this board and would it be possible to get the gerber files for this board?

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

In fact, I am not sure. However, I suppose that NXP(Freescale/Motorola) never sells that board and it was produced just in few pieces as demo application (borrowed to FAEs/Distributors/Key Customers).

However, I will try to ask my colleagues / search some document here. Unfortunately, it is quite old design. Please be patient.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

0 Kudos

stephenhayes
Contributor I

Hi Radek

I have decided to layout the controller, user and input filter boards so I dont need the Gerber files anymore. Thanks you very much.

I do however have another querry. On the power stage parts list there is a custom made current transformer CT1. It is listed on the top of page 119 of the user manual DR064.

Since this component is a custom design I cannot find any information on it.

Would you be able to assist me with any design (for instance the core & winding information) information on this part, as without this part I cannot implement the design.

Best Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

Finally, I got Gerber files for you … just 5 minutes after your reply with a note that you don’t need it.

The Gerber files, schematic, and BOM are attached.

The board was not intended for selling.

I will ask for more details about CT1 transformer.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

0 Kudos

stephenhayes
Contributor I

Hi Radek

Im so sorry about that but I will still use the Gerber files.

Thank you so so much.

I look forward to your repsone about CT1.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, we don’t have so many details about CT1.

The original specification was defined by

Number of primary turns: 3

Number of secondary turns: 300

Max. current amplitude: 8A

Load resistor: 56 ohm

The design was made by third party company Tronic (www.trafo.cz)

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

0 Kudos

stephenhayes
Contributor I

Hi Radek

Thank you very much for all your help. I fully understand.

If possible would you be able to supply me with the Gerber files for the Input Filter and User Interface boards that are also mentioned in the user manual DRM064 on on pages 21 and 22. Thanks.

Have a nice day

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos