Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of unused peripherals

Jump to solution
maurosalvini
Contributor II

Hi to all,

my newbie question is: what is the default status of unused peripherals in an iMX6 chip?

I'm developing a custom board based on iMX6SX, and a lot of functionalities (ADC, CAN, PCI, and many more) are not used. What is their status when I power up board?

For example, speaking about u-boot only, most peripherals seems not to be touched at all: if I'm in u-boot, are them powered on? If yes, how can I power them off to bring down power consumption, also in Linux domain?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mauro

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After powering the i.MX6 SoC up, all of its integrated peripheral modules are powered up (meaning that the supply voltage is applied), but most of them are non-initialized, clock gated and unused, so, they consume almost no power in that state. Further, the integrated peripherals can be enabled, configured and used in software, as required. In Linux domain, the corresponding software drivers are used for that.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
maurosalvini
Contributor II

Thank you very much Artur!

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After powering the i.MX6 SoC up, all of its integrated peripheral modules are powered up (meaning that the supply voltage is applied), but most of them are non-initialized, clock gated and unused, so, they consume almost no power in that state. Further, the integrated peripherals can be enabled, configured and used in software, as required. In Linux domain, the corresponding software drivers are used for that.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos