您的意思是: 
已解决

Status of unused peripherals

跳至解决方案
663 次查看
maurosalvini
Contributor II

Hi to all,

my newbie question is: what is the default status of unused peripherals in an iMX6 chip?

I'm developing a custom board based on iMX6SX, and a lot of functionalities (ADC, CAN, PCI, and many more) are not used. What is their status when I power up board?

For example, speaking about u-boot only, most peripherals seems not to be touched at all: if I'm in u-boot, are them powered on? If yes, how can I power them off to bring down power consumption, also in Linux domain?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mauro

标签 (2)
0 项奖励
1 解答
507 次查看
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After powering the i.MX6 SoC up, all of its integrated peripheral modules are powered up (meaning that the supply voltage is applied), but most of them are non-initialized, clock gated and unused, so, they consume almost no power in that state. Further, the integrated peripherals can be enabled, configured and used in software, as required. In Linux domain, the corresponding software drivers are used for that.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
2 回复数
507 次查看
maurosalvini
Contributor II

Thank you very much Artur!

Have a great day!

0 项奖励
508 次查看
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After powering the i.MX6 SoC up, all of its integrated peripheral modules are powered up (meaning that the supply voltage is applied), but most of them are non-initialized, clock gated and unused, so, they consume almost no power in that state. Further, the integrated peripherals can be enabled, configured and used in software, as required. In Linux domain, the corresponding software drivers are used for that.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励