How can I use USB0 on TWRK65180M?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use USB0 on TWRK65180M?

henkaling
Contributor II

How can I use USB0 on TWRK65180M?  I am using KDS with SDK 2.0 and am trying to run the dev_cdc_vcom_bm_twrk65f180 example.  I see no sign that it is working though I can step through the code with the debugger.  USB0 is normally taken over by OpenSDA with a serial and debugger interface, so do I need to somehow disable that first, if so how?  How can I find out if the example uses USB0 or USB1?  Where can I find board support documentation, since processor expert is not supported for SDK 2.0?  Sorry for the basic questions, I am still new to this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Henk,

I tested BM&FreeRTOS successfully on default FS USB interface on the TWR-SER card, then changed below to test HS USB interface on the TWR-K65F180M card.

Look in file sources->usb_device_config.h for following:

/*! @brief KHCI instance count */

#define USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_KHCI (0U)             //DES was (1U).....1=FS USB module using TWR-SER USB mini connector

/*! @brief EHCI instance count */

#define USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_EHCI (1U)             //DES was (0U).....1=HS USB module using TWR-K65F USB micro connector

Jumper wise I kept J9 on pins 5-6 (3-4 worked too (for FS but not HS), others didn’t) and kept J23 populated with 1-2, and 3-4.  The PDF documentation seems wrong in that case.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

henkaling
Contributor II

After reading the documentation and looking at the code I changed the dev_cdc_vcom_bm_twrk65f180 code to use the HS USB port (micro connector) instead of the FS USB port (mini connector).  A new device popped up on my Windows host and after installing the .inf file that was provided by the SDK everything worked, testing with a TeraTerm console hooked up to the new COM port.

I still have not figured out how I can use the FS USB port for this, if anyone can explain how to use it with or without OpenSDA, that would be great.  But at least I found one good way of getting it working.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

henkaling
Contributor II

Never mind I just discovered the documentation PDFs that come with the SDK, I should study them first before asking questions.  Please withdraw this message if it is still under moderation.