Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to print with CodeWarrior

Jump to solution
nikivendola
Contributor III

Good morning,
I am an Italian student and I would like to submit my problem.

I'm planning on a CodeWarrior 10.6 integrated MC13233 Freescale which is a transceiver.

In this link, there are some features: http: //cache.freescale.com/files/rf_if/doc/user_guide/SMAC08DAUG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1

In Fig. 3-1 to p. 28 can see the communication interface of a normal card visible through HyperTerminal.
My card has been designed in house designed by the university and I can not connect with Hyperterminal.

I'm trying to print to console me but CodeWarrior error.

To recognize the command printf I added #include <stdio.h>.
I added in the same folder: printf_c.obj, printf.he printf.c.
Then in the main after I wrote simply: printf ("AAAA \ n");

But I 2 errors:

-mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `../printf.c ', needed by` printf_c.obj'. Stop.
-mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs ....

How can I print in the console?

Thank you and greetings

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

there is no way to print string to console window for HCS08. it's possible to do it for kinetis but not for 8bit mcu.

regarding to my demo code, please perform clean first then build again.

see attached video.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MC13233 is HCS08 core. CW10.6 doesn't support to print to console window.

user have to print string to SCI terminal instead.

I ever made demo for 9s08qg8. see attached. both MC13233  and QG8 use HCS08 core, so the method is same. it;s simple and readable, Hope it helps.

can this answer help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
nikivendola
Contributor III

With the response, with the truo program gives me the same mistakes, I have attached a schreen shot.

pastedImage_0.png

There's no way to use it from the console of CodeWarrior?
If I can not print to the console CodeWarrior is useless to continue?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

there is no way to print string to console window for HCS08. it's possible to do it for kinetis but not for 8bit mcu.

regarding to my demo code, please perform clean first then build again.

see attached video.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
nikivendola
Contributor III

Yes ok, thanks for availability.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you are welcome! If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos