AnsweredAssumed Answered

USB TAP BDM has encountered a problem.  Failed to resume target process.  Bad arguments passed to function.

Question asked by Joseph Clifton on May 8, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 by Fiona Kuang

We had a student group get the following error when trying to program the MC56F8037 eval board:  "Lab7_MC56F8037_Internal_PFlash_SDM_Freescale USB TAP BDM has encountered a problem.  Failed to resume target process.  Bad arguments passed to function."   After that error, the eval board became unusable.  We tried programming after that on different PCs, barebones program, etc. and with different USB Taps.  It would not accept any program and always gives the same error.  We had this happen on 3 boards.  I have been giving this same lab for 4 or 5 years and haven't seen anything like this.  I read the post where someone had a similar issue ( https://community.freescale.com/thread/302492), but the "fix" was to restart the PC.  We did that and also tried different PCs and different programs and different USB Taps. So it appears as if downloading their program onto a board rendered the board unusable.  I should note that we had the Motor Control board attached.  The Motor Control board still works fine.  The fact that this happened for 3 different MC56F8037 eval boards when trying to program seems strange. Was wondering if the ever came up before.  We are running Windows 7.   I was hoping that somehow they put the microcontroller in some mode that we could do something to recover from, but I know that is a long shot.  Has anyone had something similar to this happen (other than the link shown)?

Outcomes