AnsweredAssumed Answered

asm/linkage.h missing

Question asked by Amin Rahimi on Feb 11, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 by Amin Rahimi

I'm trying to use libvpu and libipu to display H264 video streams on my Nitrogen6x.  I had no issues with this in Dora, but when I updated to Dizzy, I came across a new error that I haven't been able to resolve when using linux/mxcfb.h.  The g++ command line and error are:

cd /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/build/MediaModules/VPUCodec && /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++   -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBUILD_FOR_ARM -DVPUCodec_EXPORTS -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9  --sysroot=/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -std=c++0x -fpermissive -fPIC -g -I/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/include -I/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/Common/include -I/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/Common/lib -I/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/MediaModules/VPUCodec/. -I/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/src/kernel/include    -o CMakeFiles/VPUCodec.dir/dllmain.cpp.o -c /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/MediaModules/VPUCodec/dllmain.cpp

In file included from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/src/kernel/include/linux/kgdb.h:16:0,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/src/kernel/include/linux/fb.h:4,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/src/kernel/include/uapi/linux/mxcfb.h:31,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/src/kernel/include/linux/mxcfb.h:24,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/MediaModules/VPUCodec/IPUDisplay.h:27,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/MediaModules/VPUCodec/Decoder.h:14,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/MediaModules/VPUCodec/VPUCodec.h:6,

from /home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/mocu3/1.0-r0/trunk/MediaModules/VPUCodec/dllmain.cpp:3:

/home/rahimia/dizzy/build/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/src/kernel/include/linux/linkage.h:7:25: fatal error: asm/linkage.h: No such file or directory

#include <asm/linkage.h>

I've tried adding include paths and symbolic links to the directories I thought I needed, but ultimately couldn't resolve the issue.  I did notice that there's no longer a "plat-mxc" directory under the kernel source.  Is this an issue?

I have PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-boundary"  and PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-boundary = "3.10.17" in my local.conf and I'm building the image with imx-lib and imx-vpu.

Outcomes