Gui Guider bugs / git repo?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui Guider bugs / git repo?

jparrish88
Contributor IV
To whom it may concern, Where should we post bugs or features missing, etc for Gui Guider? Is there a git to report issues to or is this the best place to post information for that approach? -- Labels allow for Symbols to be added in LVGL, but the symbol constants do not take -- Size of text style does not seem to be exported in the list widget -- WYSIWYG editor isn't working as well as it should be -- often what I have in the gui editor is not aligned in the sim or in the actual screen.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

acosara
Contributor III

I ran into a bug with widget alignment in GUI Guider 1.7.0. I started with a blank template, created a simple menu, but then when I try to add any widgets to the menu pages, they're always centered in the middle of the page no matter what position I set them to. If I drag them around, the position in the properties text box changes, but the widget is always displayed in the same position in the center. If I add more widgets, they get added below the previous one, still centered in the middle. I tried changing alignment options for both the widgets and menu using the top buttons in the properties view, but those had absolutely no effect. See screenshot for an example.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

This is the best place to share this information! Could you please provide more information about these two behaviors that you are reporting? 

1. Labels allow for Symbols to be added in LVGL, but the symbol constants do not take
  2. Size of text style does not seem to be exported in the list widget

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

jparrish88
Contributor IV

In LVGL, the API for labels allow you to put LV_SYMBOL_X in the label to allow an icon to be used inside of the label. I tried a couple different ways of inserting that Definition into the label, but couldn't get it to work.

Here is the post in LVGL documentation about the label and symbols: 

https://docs.lvgl.io/latest/en/html/widgets/label.html?highlight=label#symbols

Below is the special font constants: 

https://docs.lvgl.io/latest/en/html/overview/font.html#special-fonts

For number 2 the size of the text isn't exported on lists even though it was explicitly changed.

Here's a test list and the code snippet from export. There is no: "lv_style_set_text_font"

//Write codes Menu_list3
ui->Menu_list3 = lv_list_create(ui->Menu, NULL);
lv_list_set_edge_flash(ui->Menu_list3, true);
lv_list_set_anim_time(ui->Menu_list3, 255);

//Write style LV_LIST_PART_BG for Menu_list3
static lv_style_t style_Menu_list3_bg;
lv_style_init(&style_Menu_list3_bg);

//Write style state: LV_STATE_DEFAULT for style_Menu_list3_bg
lv_style_set_radius(&style_Menu_list3_bg, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, 3);
lv_style_set_border_color(&style_Menu_list3_bg, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, lv_color_make(0xe1, 0xe6, 0xee));
lv_style_set_border_width(&style_Menu_list3_bg, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, 1);
lv_obj_add_style(ui->Menu_list3, LV_LIST_PART_BG, &style_Menu_list3_bg);

//Write style LV_LIST_PART_SCROLLABLE for Menu_list3
static lv_style_t style_Menu_list3_scrollable;
lv_style_init(&style_Menu_list3_scrollable);

//Write style state: LV_STATE_DEFAULT for style_Menu_list3_scrollable
lv_style_set_radius(&style_Menu_list3_scrollable, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, 3);
lv_style_set_bg_color(&style_Menu_list3_scrollable, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, lv_color_make(0xff, 0xff, 0xff));
lv_style_set_bg_grad_color(&style_Menu_list3_scrollable, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, lv_color_make(0xff, 0xff, 0xff));
lv_style_set_bg_grad_dir(&style_Menu_list3_scrollable, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, LV_GRAD_DIR_VER);
lv_style_set_bg_opa(&style_Menu_list3_scrollable, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, 255);
lv_obj_add_style(ui->Menu_list3, LV_LIST_PART_SCROLLABLE, &style_Menu_list3_scrollable);

//Write style LV_BTN_PART_MAIN for Menu_list3
static lv_style_t style_Menu_list3_main_child;
lv_style_init(&style_Menu_list3_main_child);

//Write style state: LV_STATE_DEFAULT for style_Menu_list3_main_child
lv_style_set_radius(&style_Menu_list3_main_child, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, 3);
lv_style_set_bg_color(&style_Menu_list3_main_child, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, lv_color_make(0xff, 0xff, 0xff));
lv_style_set_bg_grad_color(&style_Menu_list3_main_child, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, lv_color_make(0xff, 0xff, 0xff));
lv_style_set_bg_grad_dir(&style_Menu_list3_main_child, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, LV_GRAD_DIR_VER);
lv_style_set_bg_opa(&style_Menu_list3_main_child, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, 255);
lv_style_set_text_color(&style_Menu_list3_main_child, LV_STATE_DEFAULT, lv_color_make(0x0D, 0x30, 0x55));
lv_obj_set_pos(ui->Menu_list3, 0, 18);
lv_obj_set_size(ui->Menu_list3, 239, 302);
lv_obj_t *Menu_list3_btn;
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_PLAY, "TEST");
lv_obj_add_style(Menu_list3_btn, LV_BTN_PART_MAIN, &style_Menu_list3_main_child);
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_DRIVE, "DATA");
lv_obj_add_style(Menu_list3_btn, LV_BTN_PART_MAIN, &style_Menu_list3_main_child);
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_WIFI, "Wireless Config");
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_UPLOAD, "Transfer DATA");
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_LIST, "Config DATA");
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_SETTINGS, "Settings");
Menu_list3_btn = lv_list_add_btn(ui->Menu_list3, LV_SYMBOL_POWER, "Power OFF");

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for clarifying the information! I will review it and pass the feedback to the corresponding team! 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

jparrish88
Contributor IV

Hi Victor, 

The Spinbox element does not support a 0 decimal, but the lvgl docs do. 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Thanks for reporting this! I already passed the feedback to the developers. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

jparrish88
Contributor IV

Hey Victor the list object is designed to work as a menu in most cases. However, GUI GUIDER doesn't allow events to be on individual list buttons -- but LVGL documents do -- and it's pretty expected to work that way. 

Here are the list docs: 

https://docs.lvgl.io/latest/en/html/widgets/list.html#events

Here's the events supported: 

https://docs.lvgl.io/latest/en/html/overview/event.html

Here's a demo: 

https://sim.lvgl.io/v7/micropython/ports/javascript/bundle_out/index.html?script_startup=https://raw...

0 Kudos

zhenhualuo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshua, 

We have investigated the issues reported by you, can you please take a look my comments. 

1. Labels allow for Symbols to be added in LVGL, but the symbol constants do not take

The symbol can be added in label, the following is my test code, can you please double check?

lv_obj_t *label = lv_label_create(lv_scr_act(), NULL);
lv_obj_set_size(label, 50, 20);
lv_label_set_text(label, LV_SYMBOL_AUDIO);

2. Size of text style does not seem to be exported in the list widget

This is a bug of GUI Guider, we will fix it in v1.2.0 release. 

3. The Spinbox element does not support a 0 decimal, but the lvgl docs do.

I can't understand the issue, can you please provide more details. 

4: The list object is designed to work as a menu in most cases, GUI GUIDER doesn't allow events to be on individual list buttons

We will support the event setting for individual buttons in v1.2.0 

Best Regards, 

Zhenhua

0 Kudos