cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT Knowledge Base

Labels

Discussions

Sort by:
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/t5/eIQ-Machine-Learning-Software/eIQ-on-i-MX-RT1064-EVK/ta-p/1123602 
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1050-HAB-Encrypted-Image-Generation-and-Analysis/ta-p/1124877  
View full article
In the tutorial, I'd like to show the steps of deploying an image classification model on i.MX RT1060 to enabling you to classify fashion images and categories. In the first part of this tutorial, we will review the Fashion MNIST dataset, including how to download it to your system. From there we’ll define a simple CNN network using the TensorFlow platform. Next, we’ll train our CNN model on the Fashion MNIST dataset, train it, and review the results. Finally, we'll optimize the model, after that, the model will be smaller and increase inferencing speed, which is valuable for source-limited devices such as MCU. Let’s go ahead and get started! Fashion MNIST dataset The Fashion MNIST dataset was created by the e-commerce company, Zalando. Fig 1 Fashion MNIST dataset As they note on their official GitHub repo for the Fashion MNIST dataset, there are a few problems with the standard MNIST digit recognition dataset: It’s far too easy for standard machine learning algorithms to obtain 97%+ accuracy. It’s even easier for deep learning models to achieve 99%+ accuracy. The dataset is overused. MNIST cannot represent modern computer vision tasks. Zalando, therefore, created the Fashion MNIST dataset as a drop-in replacement for MNIST. 60,000 training examples 10,000 testing examples 10 classes: T-shirt/top, Trouser, Pullover, Dress, Coat, Sandal, Shirt, Sneaker, Bag, Ankle boot 28×28 grayscale images The code below loads the Fashion-MNIST dataset using the TensorFlow and creates a plot of the first 25 images in the training dataset. import tensorflow as tf import numpy as np # For easy reset of notebook state. tf.keras.backend.clear_session() # load dataset fashion_mnist = tf.keras.datasets.fashion_mnist (train_images, train_labels), (test_images, test_labels) = fashion_mnist.load_data() lass_names = ['T-shirt/top', 'Trouser', 'Pullover', 'Dress', 'Coat', 'Sandal', 'Shirt', 'Sneaker', 'Bag', 'Ankle boot'] plt.figure(figsize=(8,8)) for i in range(25): plt.subplot(5,5,i+1,) plt.tight_layout() plt.imshow(train_images[i]) plt.xlabel(lass_names[train_labels[i]]) plt.xticks([]) plt.yticks([]) plt.grid(False) plt.show() Fig 2 Running the code loads the Fashion-MNIST train and test dataset and prints their shape. Fig 3 We can see that there are 60,000 examples in the training dataset and 10,000 in the test dataset and that images are indeed square with 28×28 pixels. Creating model We need to define a neural network model for the image classify purpose, and the model should have two main parts: the feature extraction and the classifier that makes a prediction. Defining a simple Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) For the convolutional front-end, we build 3 layers of convolution layer with a small filter size (3,3) and a modest number of filters followed by a max-pooling layer. The last filter map is flattened to provide features to the classifier. As we know, it's a multi-class classification task, so we will require an output layer with 10 nodes in order to predict the probability distribution of an image belonging to each of the 10 classes. In this case, we will require the use of a softmax activation function. And between the feature extractor and the output layer, we can add a dense layer to interpret the features. All layers will use the ReLU activation function and the He weight initialization scheme, both best practices. We will use the Adam optimizer to optimize the sparse_categorical_crossentropy loss function, suitable for multi-class classification, and we will monitor the classification accuracy metric, which is appropriate given we have the same number of examples in each of the 10 classes. The below code will define and run it will show the struct of the model. # Define a Model model = tf.keras.models.Sequential() # First Convolution ,Kernel:16*3*3 model.add( tf.keras.layers.Conv2D(16, (3, 3), activation='relu', kernel_initializer='he_uniform',input_shape=(28, 28, 1))) model.add( tf.keras.layers.MaxPooling2D((2, 2))) # Second Convolution ,Kernel:32*3*3 model.add( tf.keras.layers.Conv2D(32, (3, 3), activation='relu',kernel_initializer='he_uniform')) model.add( tf.keras.layers.MaxPooling2D((2, 2))) # Third Convolution ,Kernel:32*3*3 model.add( tf.keras.layers.Conv2D(32, (3, 3), activation='relu',kernel_initializer='he_uniform')) model.add( tf.keras.layers.Flatten()) model.add( tf.keras.layers.Dense(32, activation='relu',kernel_initializer='he_uniform')) model.add( tf.keras.layers.Dense(10, activation='softmax')) Fig 4 Training Model After the model is defined, we need to train it. The model will be trained using 5-fold cross-validation. The value of k=5 was chosen to provide a baseline for both repeated evaluation and to not be too large as to require a long running time. Each validation set will be 20% of the training dataset or about 12,000 examples. The training dataset is shuffled prior to being split and the sample shuffling is performed each time so that any model we train will have the same train and validation datasets in each fold, providing an apples-to-apples comparison. We will train the baseline model for a modest 20 training epochs with a default batch size of 32 examples. The validation set for each fold will be used to validate the model during each epoch of the training run, so we can later create learning curves, and at the end of the run, we use the test dataset to estimate the performance of the model. As such, we will keep track of the resulting history from each run, as well as the classification accuracy of the fold. The train_model() function below implements these behaviors, taking the training dataset and test dataset as arguments, and returning a list of accuracy scores and training histories that can be later summarized. from sklearn.model_selection import KFold # train a model using k-fold cross-validation def train_model(dataX, dataY, n_folds=5): scores, histories = list(), list() # prepare cross validation kfold = KFold(n_folds, shuffle=True, random_state=1) for train_ix, validate_ix in kfold.split(dataX): # select rows for train and test trainX, trainY, validate_X, validate_Y = dataX[train_ix], dataY[train_ix], dataX[validate_ix], dataY[validate_ix] # fit model history = model.fit(trainX, trainY, epochs=20, batch_size=32, validation_data=(validate_X, validate_Y), verbose=0) # evaluate model _, acc = model.evaluate(validate_X, validate_Y, verbose=0) print("Accurary: {:.4f},Total number of figures is {:0>2d}".format(acc * 100.0, len(testY))) # append scores scores.append(acc) histories.append(history) return scores, histories Module Summary After the model has been trained, we can present the results. There are two key aspects to present: the diagnostics of the learning behavior of the model during training and the estimation of the model performance. These can be implemented using separate functions. First, the diagnostics involve creating a line plot showing model performance on the train and validate set during each fold of the k-fold cross-validation. These plots are valuable for getting an idea of whether a model is overfitting, underfitting, or has a good fit for the dataset. We will create a single figure with two subplots, one for loss and one for accuracy. Blue lines will indicate model performance on the training dataset and orange lines will indicate performance on the hold-out validate dataset. The summarize_diagnostics() function below creates and shows this plot given the collected training histories. # plot diagnostic learning curves def summarize_diagnostics(histories): for i in range(len(histories)): # plot loss plt.subplot(2,1,1) plt.title('Cross Entropy Loss') plt.plot(histories[i].history['loss'], color='blue', label='train') plt.plot(histories[i].history['val_loss'], color='orange', label='test') # plot accuracy plt.subplot(2,1,2) plt.title('Classification Accuracy') plt.plot(histories[i].history['accuracy'], color='blue', label='train') plt.plot(histories[i].history['val_accuracy'], color='orange', label='test') plt.show() Fig 5 Next, the classification accuracy scores collected during each fold can be summarized by calculating the mean and standard deviation. This provides an estimate of the average expected performance of the model trained on the test dataset, with an estimate of the average variance in the mean. We will also summarize the distribution of scores by creating and showing a box and whisker plot. The summarize_performance() function below implements this for a given list of scores collected during model training. # summarize model performance def summarize_performance(scores): # print summary print('Accuracy: mean={:.4f} std={:.4f}, n={:0>2d}'.format(np.mean(trained_scores)*100, np.std(trained_scores)*100, len(scores))) # box and whisker plots of results plt.boxplot(scores) plt.show()   Fig 6 Verifying predictions According to the above figure, we see that the final trained model can get up to around 87.6% accuracy when predicting the test dataset. And with the trained model, running the below code will demonstrate the result of predictions about some images. def plot_image(i, predictions_array, true_label, img): true_label, img = true_label[i], img[i] plt.grid(False) plt.xticks([]) plt.yticks([]) plt.imshow(img.reshape(28, 28), cmap=plt.cm.binary) predicted_label = np.argmax(predictions_array) if predicted_label == true_label: color = 'blue' else: color = 'red' plt.xlabel("{} {:2.0f}% ({})".format(class_names[predicted_label], 100*np.max(predictions_array), class_names[true_label]), color=color) def plot_value_array(i, predictions_array, true_label): true_label = true_label[i] plt.grid(False) plt.xticks(range(10)) plt.yticks([]) thisplot = plt.bar(range(10), predictions_array, color="#777777") plt.ylim([0, 1]) predicted_label = np.argmax(predictions_array) thisplot[predicted_label].set_color('red') thisplot[true_label].set_color('blue') predictions = model.predict(test_images) # Plot the first X test images, their predicted labels, and the true labels. # Color correct predictions in blue and incorrect predictions in red. num_rows = 5 num_cols = 3 num_images = num_rows*num_cols plt.figure(figsize=(2*2*num_cols, 2*num_rows)) for i in range(num_images): plt.subplot(num_rows, 2*num_cols, 2*i+1) plot_image(i, predictions[i], test_labels, test_images) plt.subplot(num_rows, 2*num_cols, 2*i+2) plot_value_array(i, predictions[i], test_labels) plt.tight_layout() plt.show()   Fig 7 Model quantization Post-training quantization is a conversion technique that can reduce model size while also improving CPU and hardware accelerator latency, with little degradation in model accuracy, especially it's crucial to embedded platforms, as it lacks the compute-intensive performance, the Flash and RAM memory is also very limited. TensorFlow Lite is able to be used to convert an already-trained float TensorFlow model to the TensorFlow Lite format. In addition, the TensorFlow Lite provides several approaches to optimize the mode, among these ways, Integer quantization is an optimization strategy that converts 32-bit floating-point numbers (such as weights and activation outputs) to the nearest 8-bit fixed-point numbers. This results in a smaller model and increased inferencing speed, which is very valuable for low-power devices such as microcontrollers. The below codes show how to implement the Integer quantization of the trained model, and after running these codes, we can find that the size of Tensorflow Lite mode reduces almost 64.9 KB versus the original model, becomes about 32% of the original size(Fig 8). import os # Convert using integer-only quantization def representative_data_gen(): for input_value in tf.data.Dataset.from_tensor_slices(tf.cast(train_images,tf.float32)).shuffle(500).batch(1).take(150): yield [input_value] # Convert using dynamic range quantization converter = tf.lite.TFLiteConverter.from_keras_model(model) converter.optimizations = [tf.lite.Optimize.DEFAULT] tflite_model_quant = converter.convert() # Save the model to disk open("model_dynamic_range_quantization.tflite", "wb").write(tflite_model_quant) ## Size difference Dynamic_range_quantization_model_size = os.path.getsize("model_dynamic_range_quantization.tflite") print("Dynamic range quantization model is %d bytes" % Dynamic_range_quantization_model_size) converter = tf.lite.TFLiteConverter.from_keras_model(model) converter.optimizations = [tf.lite.Optimize.DEFAULT] converter.representative_dataset = representative_data_gen # Ensure that if any ops can't be quantized, the converter throws an error converter.target_spec.supported_ops = [tf.lite.OpsSet.TFLITE_BUILTINS_INT8] # Set the input and output tensors to uint8 (APIs added in r2.3) converter.inference_input_type = tf.uint8 converter.inference_output_type = tf.uint8 tflite_model_advanced_quant = converter.convert() # Save the model to disk open("model_integer_only_quantization.tflite", "wb").write(tflite_model_advanced_quant) Integer_only_quantization_model_size = os.path.getsize("model_integer_only_quantization.tflite") print("Integer_only_quantization_model is %d bytes" % Integer_only_quantization_model_size) difference = Dynamic_range_quantization_model_size - Integer_only_quantization_model_size print("Difference is %d bytes" % difference) Fig 8 Evaluating the TensorFlow Lite model Now we'll run inferences using the TensorFlow Lite Interpreter to compare the model accuracies. First, we need a function that runs inference with a given model and images, and then returns the predictions: # Helper function to run inference on a TFLite model def run_tflite_model(tflite_file, test_image_indices): # Initialize the interpreter interpreter = tf.lite.Interpreter(model_path=str(tflite_file)) interpreter.allocate_tensors() input_details = interpreter.get_input_details()[0] output_details = interpreter.get_output_details()[0] predictions = np.zeros((len(test_image_indices),), dtype=int) for i, test_image_index in enumerate(test_image_indices): test_image = test_images[test_image_index] test_label = test_labels[test_image_index] # Check if the input type is quantized, then rescale input data to uint8 if input_details['dtype'] == np.uint8: input_scale, input_zero_point = input_details["quantization"] test_image = test_image / input_scale + input_zero_point test_image = np.expand_dims(test_image, axis=0).astype(input_details["dtype"]) interpreter.set_tensor(input_details["index"], test_image) interpreter.invoke() output = interpreter.get_tensor(output_details["index"])[0] predictions[i] = output.argmax() return predictions Next, we'll compare the performance of the original model and the quantized model on one image. model_basic_quantization.tflite is the original TensorFlow Lite model with floating-point data. model_integer_only_quantization.tflite is the last model we converted using integer-only quantization (it uses uint8 data for input and output). Let's create another function to print our predictions and run it for testing. import matplotlib.pylab as plt # Change this to test a different image test_image_index = 1 ## Helper function to test the models on one image def test_model(tflite_file, test_image_index, model_type): global test_labels predictions = run_tflite_model(tflite_file, [test_image_index]) plt.imshow(test_images[test_image_index].reshape(28,28)) template = model_type + " Model \n True:{true}, Predicted:{predict}" _ = plt.title(template.format(true= str(test_labels[test_image_index]), predict=str(predictions[0]))) plt.grid(False) Fig 9 Fig 10 Then evaluate the quantized model by using all the test images we loaded at the beginning of this tutorial. After summarizing the prediction result of the test dataset, we can see that the prediction accuracy of the quantized model decrease 7% less than the original model, it's not bad. # Helper function to evaluate a TFLite model on all images def evaluate_model(tflite_file, model_type): test_image_indices = range(test_images.shape[0]) predictions = run_tflite_model(tflite_file, test_image_indices) accuracy = (np.sum(test_labels== predictions) * 100) / len(test_images) print('%s model accuracy is %.4f%% (Number of test samples=%d)' % ( model_type, accuracy, len(test_images))) Deploying model Converting TensorFlow Lite model to C file The following code runs xxd on the quantized model, writes the output to a file called model_quantized.cc, in the file, the model is defined as an array of bytes, and prints it to the screen. The output is very long, so we won’t reproduce it all here, but here’s a snippet that includes just the beginning and end. # Save the file as a C source file xxd -i model_integer_only_quantization.tflite > model_quantized.cc # Print the source file cat model_quantized.cc Fig 11 Deploying the C file to project We use the tensorflow_lite_cifar10 demo as a prototype, then replace the original model and do some code modification, below is the code in the modified main file. #include "board.h" #include "fsl_debug_console.h" #include "pin_mux.h" #include "timer.h" #include <iomanip> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include "tensorflow/lite/kernels/register.h" #include "tensorflow/lite/model.h" #include "tensorflow/lite/optional_debug_tools.h" #include "tensorflow/lite/string_util.h" #include "get_top_n.h" #include "model.h" #define LOG(x) std::cout // ---------------------------- Application ----------------------------- // Lenet Mnist model input data size (bytes). #define LENET_MNIST_INPUT_SIZE 28*28*sizeof(char) // Lenet Mnist model number of output classes. #define LENET_MNIST_OUTPUT_CLASS 10 // Allocate buffer for input data. This buffer contains the input image // pre-processed and serialized as text to include here. uint8_t imageData[LENET_MNIST_INPUT_SIZE] = { #include "clothes_select.inc" }; /* Tresholds */ #define DETECTION_TRESHOLD 60 /*! * @brief Initialize parameters for inference * * @param reference to flat buffer * @param reference to interpreter * @param pointer to storing input tensor address * @param verbose mode flag. Set true for verbose mode */ void InferenceInit(std::unique_ptr<tflite::FlatBufferModel> &model, std::unique_ptr<tflite::Interpreter> &interpreter, TfLiteTensor** input_tensor, bool isVerbose) { model = tflite::FlatBufferModel::BuildFromBuffer(Fashion_MNIST_model, Fashion_MNIST_model_len); if (!model) { LOG(FATAL) << "Failed to load model\r\n"; return; } tflite::ops::builtin::BuiltinOpResolver resolver; tflite::InterpreterBuilder(*model, resolver)(&interpreter); if (!interpreter) { LOG(FATAL) << "Failed to construct interpreter\r\n"; return; } int input = interpreter->inputs()[0]; const std::vector<int> inputs = interpreter->inputs(); const std::vector<int> outputs = interpreter->outputs(); if (interpreter->AllocateTensors() != kTfLiteOk) { LOG(FATAL) << "Failed to allocate tensors!"; return; } /* Get input dimension from the input tensor metadata assuming one input only */ *input_tensor = interpreter->tensor(input); auto data_type = (*input_tensor)->type; if (isVerbose) { const std::vector<int> inputs = interpreter->inputs(); const std::vector<int> outputs = interpreter->outputs(); LOG(INFO) << "input: " << inputs[0] << "\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "number of inputs: " << inputs.size() << "\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "number of outputs: " << outputs.size() << "\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "tensors size: " << interpreter->tensors_size() << "\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "nodes size: " << interpreter->nodes_size() << "\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "inputs: " << interpreter->inputs().size() << "\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "input(0) name: " << interpreter->GetInputName(0) << "\r\n"; int t_size = interpreter->tensors_size(); for (int i = 0; i < t_size; i++) { if (interpreter->tensor(i)->name) { LOG(INFO) << i << ": " << interpreter->tensor(i)->name << ", " << interpreter->tensor(i)->bytes << ", " << interpreter->tensor(i)->type << ", " << interpreter->tensor(i)->params.scale << ", " << interpreter->tensor(i)->params.zero_point << "\r\n"; } } LOG(INFO) << "\r\n"; } } /*! * @brief Runs inference input buffer and print result to console * * @param pointer to image data * @param image data length * @param pointer to labels string array * @param reference to flat buffer model * @param reference to interpreter * @param pointer to input tensor */ void RunInference(const uint8_t* image, size_t image_len, const std::string* labels, std::unique_ptr<tflite::FlatBufferModel> &model, std::unique_ptr<tflite::Interpreter> &interpreter, TfLiteTensor* input_tensor) { /* Copy image to tensor. */ memcpy(input_tensor->data.uint8, image, image_len); /* Do inference on static image in first loop. */ auto start = GetTimeInUS(); if (interpreter->Invoke() != kTfLiteOk) { LOG(FATAL) << "Failed to invoke tflite!\r\n"; return; } auto end = GetTimeInUS(); const float threshold = (float)DETECTION_TRESHOLD /100; std::vector<std::pair<float, int>> top_results; int output = interpreter->outputs()[0]; TfLiteTensor *output_tensor = interpreter->tensor(output); TfLiteIntArray* output_dims = output_tensor->dims; // assume output dims to be something like (1, 1, ... , size) auto output_size = output_dims->data[output_dims->size - 1]; /* Find best image candidates. */ GetTopN<uint8_t>(interpreter->typed_output_tensor<uint8_t>(0), output_size, 1, threshold, &top_results, false); if (!top_results.empty()) { auto result = top_results.front(); const float confidence = result.first; const int index = result.second; if (confidence * 100 > DETECTION_TRESHOLD) { LOG(INFO) << "----------------------------------------\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << " Inference time: " << (end - start) / 1000 << " ms\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << " Detected: " << std::setw(10) << labels[index] << " (" << (int)(confidence * 100) << "%)\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "----------------------------------------\r\n\r\n"; } } } /*! * @brief Main function */ int main(void) { const std::string labels[] = {"T-shirt/top", "Trouser","Pullover", "Dress", "Coat", "Sandal", "Shirt", "Sneaker", "Bag", "Ankle boot"}; /* Init board hardware. */ BOARD_ConfigMPU(); BOARD_InitPins(); BOARD_BootClockRUN(); BOARD_InitDebugConsole(); InitTimer(); std::unique_ptr<tflite::FlatBufferModel> model; std::unique_ptr<tflite::Interpreter> interpreter; TfLiteTensor* input_tensor = 0; InferenceInit(model, interpreter, &input_tensor, false); LOG(INFO) << "Fashion MNIST object recognition example using a TensorFlow Lite model.\r\n"; LOG(INFO) << "Detection threshold: " << DETECTION_TRESHOLD << "%\r\n"; /* Run inference on static ship image. */ LOG(INFO) << "\r\nStatic data processing:\r\n"; RunInference((uint8_t*)imageData, (size_t)LENET_MNIST_INPUT_SIZE, labels, model, interpreter, input_tensor); while(1) {} } Testing result After deploying the model in the demo project, then we'll run this demo on the MIMXRT1060 (Fig 12) board for testing. Fig 12 Run the below code to covert the Fashion MNIST image to text The process_image() function can convert a Fashion MNIST image to an include file as static data, then include this file in the demo project. def process_image(image, output_path, num_batch=1): img_data = np.transpose(image, (2, 0, 1)) # Repeat image for batch processing (resulting tensor is NCHW or NHWC) img_data = np.reshape(img_data, (num_batch, img_data.shape[0], img_data.shape[1], img_data.shape[2])) img_data = np.repeat(img_data, num_batch, axis=0) img_data = np.reshape(img_data, (num_batch, img_data.shape[1], img_data.shape[2], img_data.shape[3])) # Serialize image batch img_data_bytes = bytearray(img_data.tobytes(order='C')) image_bytes_per_line = 20 with open(output_path, 'wt') as f: idx = 0 for byte in img_data_bytes: f.write('0X%02X, ' % byte) if idx % image_bytes_per_line == (image_bytes_per_line - 1): f.write('\n') idx = idx + 1 # Return serialized image size return len(img_data_bytes)      2. Run the demo project on board.
View full article
This document describes the different source clocks and the main modules that manage which clock source is used to derive the system clocks that exists on the i.MX RT’s devices. It’s important to know the different clock sources available on our devices, modifying the default clock configuration may have different purposes since increasing the processor performance, achieving specific baud rates for serial communications, power saving, or simply getting a known base reference for a clock timer. The hardware used for this document is the following: i.MX RT: EVK-MIMXRT1060 Keep in mind that the described hardware and management clock modules in this document are a general overview of the different platforms and the devices listed above are used as a reference example, some terms and hardware modules functionality may vary between devices of the same platform. For more detailed information about the device hardware modules, please refer to your specific device Reference Manual. RT platforms The Clock Controller Module(CCM) facilitates the clock generation in the RT platforms, many clocking variations are possible and the maximum clock frequency for the i.MX RT1060 device is @600MHz.The following image shows a block diagram of the CCM, the three marked sub-modules are important to understand all the clock path from the clock generation(oscillators or crystals) to the clock management for all the peripherals of the board.    Figure 1. Clock Controller Module(CCM) Block Diagram        CCM Analog Submodule This submodule contains all the oscillators and several PLL’s that provide a clock source to the principal CMM module. For example, the i.MX RT1060 device supports 2 internal oscillators that combined with suitable external quartz crystal and external load capacitors provide an accurate clock source, another 2 internal oscillators are available for low power modes and as a backup when the system detects a loss of clock. These oscillators provide a fixed frequency for the several PLL’s inside this module. Internal Clock Sources with external components  Crystal Oscillator @24MHz Many of the serial IO modules depend on the fixed frequency of 24 MHz. The reference clock that generates this crystal oscillator provides an accurate clock source for all the PLL inputs.  Crystal Oscillator @32KHz Generally, RTC oscillators are either implemented with 32 kHz or 32.768 kHz crystals. This Oscillator should always be active when the chip is powered on. Internal Clock sources RC Oscillator @24MHz A lower-power RC oscillator module is available on-chip as a possible alternative to the 24 MHz crystal oscillator after a successful power-up sequence. The 24 MHz RC oscillator is a self-tuning circuit that will output the programmed frequency value by using the RTC clock as its reference. While the power consumption of this RC oscillator is much lower than the 24MHz crystal oscillator, one limitation of this RC oscillator module is that its clock frequency is not as accurate. Oscillator @32KHz The internal oscillator is automatically multiplexed in the clocking system when the system detects a loss of clock. The internal oscillator will provide clocks to the same on-chip modules as the external 32kHz oscillator. Also is used to be useful for quicker startup times and tampering prevention. Note. An external 32KHz clock source must be used since the internal oscillator is not precise enough for long term timekeeping. PLLs There are 7 PLLs in the i.MXRT1060 platform, some with specific functions, for example, create a reference clock for the ARM Core, USB peripherals, etc. Below these PLLs are listed. PLL1 - ARM PLL (functional frequency @600 MHz) PLL2 - System PLL (functional frequency @528 MHz)* PLL3 - USB1 PLL (functional frequency @480 MHz)* PLL4 - Audio PLL PLL5 - Video PLL PLL6 - ENET PLL PLL7 - USB2 PLL (functional frequency @480 MHz) * Two of these PLLs are each equipped with four Phase Fractional Dividers (PFDs) in order to generate additional frequencies for many clock roots.  Each PLLs configuration and control functions like Bypass, Output Enable/Disable, and Power Down modes are accessible individually through its PFDs and global configuration and status registers found at the CCM internal memory registers.        Clock Control Module(CCM) The Clock Control Module (CCM) generates and controls clocks to the various modules in the design and manages low power modes. This module uses the available clock sources(PLL reference clocks and PFDs) to generate the clock roots. There are two important sub-blocks inside the CCM listed below. Clock Switcher This sub-block provides the registers that control which PLLs and PFDs outputs are selected as the reference clock for the Clock Root Generator.  Clock Root Generator This sub-block provides the registers that control most of the secondary clock source programming, including both the primary clock source selection and the clock dividers. The clock roots are each individual clocks to the core, system buses, and all other SoC peripherals, among those, are serial clocks, baud clocks, and special function blocks. All of these clock references are delivered to the Low Power Clock Gating unit(LPCG).        Low Power Clock Gating unit(LPCG) The LPCG block receives the root clocks from CCM and splits them to clock branches for each peripheral. The clock branches are individually gated clocks. The following image shows a detailed block diagram of the CMM with the previously described submodules and how they link together. Figure 2. Clock Management System Example: Configure The ARM Core Clock (PLL1) to a different frequency. The Clock tools available in MCUXpresso IDE, allows you to understand and configure the clock source for the peripherals in the platform. The following diagram shows the default PLL1 mode configured @600MHz, the yellow path shows all the internal modules involved in the clock configuration.  Figure 3. Default PLL configuration after reset. From the previous image notice that PLL1 is attached from the 24MHz oscillator, then the PLL1 is configured with a pre-scaler of 50 to achieve a frequency @1.2GHz, finally, a frequency divider by 2 let a final frequency @600MHz. 1.1 Modify the PLL1 frequency For example, you can use the Clock tools to configure the PLL pre-scaler to 30, select the PLL1 block and then edit the pre-scaler value, therefore, the final clock frequency is @360MHz, these modifications are shown in the following figure.  Figure 4. PLL1 @720MHz, final frequency @360MHz    1.2 Export clock configuration to the project After you complete the clock configuration, the Clock Tool will update the source code in clock_config.c and clock_config.h, including all the clock functional groups that we created with the tool. This will include the clock source for specific peripherals. In the previous example, we configured the PLL1 (ARM PLL) to a functional frequency @360MHz; this is translated to the following structure in source code: “armPllConfig_BOARD_BootClockRUN” and it’s used by “CLOCK_InitArmPll();” inside the “BOARD_BootClockPLL150MRUN();” function.     Figure 5. PLL1 configuration struct  Figure 6. PLL configuration function Example: The next steps describe how to select a clock source for a specific peripheral. 1.1 Configure clock for specific peripheral For example, using the GPT(General Purpose Timer) the available clock sources are the following: Clock Source Off Peripheral Clock High-Frequency Reference Clock Clock Source from an external pin Low-Frequency Reference Clock Crystal Oscillator Figure 7. General Purpose Timer Clocks Diagram Using the available SDK example project “evkmimxrt1060_gpt_timer” a configuration struct for the peripheral “gptConfig” is called from the main initialization function inside the gpt_timer.c source file, the default configuration function with the configuration struct as a parameter, is shown in the following figure. Figure 8. Function that returns a GPT default configuration parameters The function loads several parameters to the configuration struct(gptConfig), one of the fields is the Clock Source configuration, modifying this field will let us select an appropriate clock source for our application, the following figure shows the default configuration parameters inside the “GPT_GetDefaultConfig();” function.  Figure 9. Configuration struct In the default GPT configuration struct, the Peripheral Clock(kGPT_CLockSource_Periph) is selected, the SDK comes with several macros located at “fsl_gpt.h” header file, that helps to select an appropriate clock source. The next figure shows an enumerated type of data that contains the possible clock sources for the GPT.  Figure 10. Available clock sources of the GPT. For example, to select the Low-Frequency Reference Clock the source code looks like the following figure.  Figure 11. Low-Frequency Reference Clock attached to GPT Notice that all the peripherals come with a specific configuration struct and from that struct fields the default clocking parameters can be modified to fit with our timing requirements. 1.2 Modify the Peripheral Clock frequency from Clock Tools One of the GPT clock sources is the “Peripheral Clock Source” this clock line can be modified from the Clock Tools, the following figure shows the default frequency configuration from Clock Tools view. Figure 12. GPT Clock Root inside CMM In the previous figure, the GPT clock line is @75MHz, notice that this is sourced from the primary peripheral clock line that is @600MHz attached to the ARM core clocks. For example, modify the PERCLK_PODF divider selecting it and changing the divider value to 4, the resulting frequency is @37.5Mhz, the following figure illustrates these changes.  Figure 13. GPT & PIT clock line @37.5MHz 1.3 Export clock configuration to the project After you complete the clock configuration, the Clock Tool will update the source code in clock_config.c and clock_config.h, including all the clock functional groups that we created with the tool. This will include the clock source for specific peripherals. In the previous example, we configured the GPT clock root divider by a dividing factor of 4 to achieve a 37.5MHz frequency; this is translated to the following instruction in source code: “CLOCK_SetDiv(kCLOCK_PerclkDiv,3);” inside the “BOARD_BootClockRUN();” function.                Figure 14. Frequency divider function References i.MX RT1060 Processor Reference Manual Also visit LPC's System Clocks  Kinetis System Clocks
View full article
Introduction A common need for GUI applications is to implement a clock function.  Whether it be to create a clock interface for the end user's benefit, or just to time animations or other actions, implementing an accurate clock is a useful and important feature for GUI applications.  The aim of this document is to help you implement clock functions in your AppWizard project.   Methods When implementing a real-time clock, there are a couple of general methods to do so.   Use an independent timer in your MCU Using animation objects Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages.  If you just need a timer that doesn't require extra code and you don't require control or assurance of precision, or maybe you can't spare another timer, using an animation object (method #2) may be a good option in that application.  If your application requires an assurance of precision or requires other real-time actions to be performed that AppWizard can't control, it is best to implement an independent timer in your MCU (method #1).  Method 1:  Independent MCU Timer Implementing a timer via an independent MCU timer allows better control and guarantees the precision because it isn't a shared clock and the developer can adjust the interrupt priorities such that the timer interrupt has the highest priority.  AppWizard timing uses a common timer and then time slices activities similar to how an operating system works.  It is for this reason that implementing an independent MCU timer is best when you need control over the precision of the timer or you need other real-time actions to be triggered by this timer.  When implementing a timer using an independent MCU timer (like the RTC module), an understanding of how to interact with Text widgets is needed. Let's look at this first.   Interacting with Text Widgets Editing Text widgets occurs through the use of the emWin library API (the emWin library is the underlying code that AppWizard builds upon). The Text widget API functions are documented in the emWin Graphic Library User Guide and Reference Manual, UM3001.  Most of the Text widget API functions require a Text widget handle.  Be sure to not confuse this handle for the AppWizard ID.  Imagine a clock example where there are two Text widgets in the interface:  one for the minutes and one for the seconds.  The AppWizard IDs of these objects might be ID_TEXT_MINS and ID_TEXT_SECONDS respectively (again, these are not to be confused with the handle to the Text widget for use by emWin library functions).  The first action software should take is to obtain the handle for the Text widgets.   This can be done using the WM_GetDialogItem function.  The code to get the active window handle and the handle for the two Text widgets is shown below: activeWin = WM_GetActiveWindow(); textBoxMins = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_MINS); textBoxSecs = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_SECONDS);‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Note that this function requires the handle to the parent window of the Text widget.  If your application has multiple windows or screens, you may need to be creative in how you acquire this handle, but for this example, the software can simply call the WM_GetActiveWindow function (since there is only one screen).  When to call these functions can be a bit tricky as well.  They can be called before the MainTask() function of the application is called and the application will not crash.  However, the handles won't be correct and the Text widgets will not be updated as expected.  It's recommended that these handles be initialized when the screen is initialized.  An example of how this would be done is shown below: void cbID_SCREEN_CLOCK(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) { extern WM_HWIN activeWin; extern WM_HWIN textBoxMins; extern WM_HWIN textBoxSecs; extern WM_HWIN textBoxDbg; if(pMsg->MsgId == WM_INIT_DIALOG) { activeWin = WM_GetActiveWindow(); textBoxMins = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_MINS); textBoxSecs = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_SECONDS); textBoxDbg = WM_GetDialogItem(activeWin, ID_TEXT_DBG); } GUI_USE_PARA(pMsg); }‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Once the Text widget handles have been acquired, the text can be updated using the TEXT_SetText() function or the TEXT_SetDec() function in this case, because the Text widgets are configured for decimal mode, since we want to display numbers.  An example of the code to do this is shown below.  /* TEXT_SetDec(Text Widget Handle, Value as Int, Length, Shift, Sign, Leading Spaces) */ if(TEXT_SetDec(textBoxSecs, (int)gSecs, 2, 0, 0, 0)) { /* Perform action here if necessary */ } if(TEXT_SetDec(textBoxMins, (int)gMins, 2, 0, 0, 0)) { /* Perform action here if necessary */ } ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Method 2:  Animation Objects When implementing a real-time clock using animation objects, it is necessary to implement a loop.  This could be done outside of the AppWizard GUI (in your code) but because the timing precision can't be guaranteed, it's just as easy to implement a loop in the AppWizard GUI if you know how (it isn't very intuitive as to how to do this). Before examining the interactions to do this, let's look at the variables and objects needed to do this.  ID_VAR_SECS - This variable holds the current seconds value. ID_VAR_SECS_1 - This variable holds the next second value.  ID_TEXT_SECONDS - Text box that displays the current seconds value. ID_END_CNT - Variable that holds the value at which the seconds rolls over and increments the minute count ID_TEXT_MINS - Text box that holds the current minute count. ID_MIN_END_CNT - Variable that holds the value at which the minutes rolls over (which would also increment the hour count if the hours were implemented). ID_BUTTON_SECS - This is a hidden button that initiates actions when the seconds variable has reached the end count.  Now, here are the interactions used to implement the clock feature using animation interactions.  The heart of the loop are the interactions triggered by ID_VAR_SECS.  ID_VAR_SECS -> ID_VAR_SECS_1:  When ID_VAR_SECS changes, it needs to add one to ID_VAR_SECS_1 so that the animation will animate to one second from the current time. ID_VAR_SECS -> ID_TEXT_SECONDS:  When ID_VAR_SECS changes, it also needs to start the animation from the current value to the next second (ID_VAR_SECS_1). A very essential part of the loop is ensuring the animation restarts every time.  So ID_TEXT_SECONDS needs to change the value of ID_VAR_SECS when the animation ends. ID_VAR_SECS is changed to the current time value, ID_VAR_SECS_1. When the ID_TEXT_SECONDS animation ends, it must also decrement the ID_VAR_END_CNT variable.  This is analogous to the control variable of a "For" loop being updated. This is done using the ADDVALUE job, adding '-1' to the variable, ID_VAR_END_CNT. When ID_VAR_END_CNT changes, it updates the hidden button, ID_BUTTON_SECS, with the new value.  This is analogous to a "For" loop checking whether its control variable is still within its limits.   The interactions in group 5 are interactions that restart the loop when the seconds reach the count that we desire.  When the loop is restarted, the following actions must be taken: Set ID_VAR_SECS and ID_VAR_SECS_1 to the initial value for the next loop ('0' in this case).  Note that ID_VAR_SECS_1 MUST be set before ID_VAR_SECS.  Additionally, if the loop is to continue, ID_VAR_SECS and ID_VAR_SECS_1 must be set to the same value.   ID_TEXT_SECONDS is set to the initial value.  If this isn't done, then the text box will try to animate from the final value to the initial value and then will look "weird". ID_VAR_END_CNT is reset to its initial value (60 in this case).  ID_BUTTON_SECS is also responsible for updating the minutes values.  In this case, it's incrementing the ID_TEXT_MINS value (counting up in minutes) and decrementing the ID_VAR_MIN_END_CNT  Adjusting the time of an animation object The animation object (as well as other emWin objects) use the GUI_X_DELAY function for timing.  It is up to the host software to implement this function.  In the i.MX RT examples, the General Purpose Timer (GPT) is used for this timer.  So how the GPT is configured will affect the timing of the application and the how fast or slow the animations run. The GPT is configured in the function BOARD_InitGPT() which resides in the main source file.  The recommended way to adjust the speed of the timer is by changing the divider value to the GPT. Conclusion So we have seen two different methods of implementing a real-time clock in an AppWizard GUI application.  Those methods are: Use an independent timer in your MCU Using animation objects Using an independent timer in your MCU may be preferred as it allows for better control over the timing, can allow for real-time actions to be performed that AppWizard can't control, and provides some assurance of precision.  Using animation objects may be preferred if you just need a quick timer implementation that doesn't require you to manually add code to your project or use a second timer.  
View full article
Introduction The RT1064 is the only Crossover MCU from the RT family that comes with an on-chip flash, it has a 4MB Winbond W25Q32JV memory. It's important to remark that it's not an internal memory but an on-chip flash connected to the RT1064 through the FlexSPI2 interface. Having this flash eliminates the need of an external memory. Although the intended use of the on-chip flash is to store your application and do XiP, there might be cases where you would like to use some space of this memory as NVM. This document will explain how to modify one of the SDK example projects to achieve this.  Prerequisites RT1064-EVK  The latest SDK which you can download from the following link: Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder. In this document, I will use MCUXpresso IDE but you can use the IDE of your preference. The modifications that you need to make are the same despite the IDE that you are using.  Importing the SDK example  The RT1064-EVK comes with two external flash memories, 512 Mb Hyper Flash and 64 Mb QSPI Flash. The RT1064-SDK includes two example projects that demonstrate how to use any of these two external flash memories as NVM. In this document, we will take as a base one of these examples to modify it to use the on-chip flash as NVM. Once you downloaded and imported the SDK into MCUXpresso IDE, you will need to import the example flexspi_nor_polling_transfer into your workspace.    Modifying the SDK example The external NOR Flash memory of the EVK is connected to the RT1064 through the FlexSPI1 interface. Due to this, the example project that we just imported initializes the FlexSPI1 interface pins. In our case, we want to use the on-chip flash that is connected through the FlexSPI2 instance, since we will boot from this memory, the ROM bootloader will configure the pins of this FlexSPI interface. So, in the function BOARD_InitPins we can delete all the pins that were related to the FlexSPI1 interface. At the end your function should look like the following:  void BOARD_InitPins(void) { CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_Iomuxc); /* iomuxc clock (iomuxc_clk_enable): 0x03u */ IOMUXC_SetPinMux( IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_12_LPUART1_TX, /* GPIO_AD_B0_12 is configured as LPUART1_TX */ 0U); /* Software Input On Field: Input Path is determined by functionality */ IOMUXC_SetPinMux( IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_13_LPUART1_RX, /* GPIO_AD_B0_13 is configured as LPUART1_RX */ 0U); /* Software Input On Field: Input Path is determined by functionality */ /* Software Input On Field: Force input path of pad GPIO_SD_B1_11 */ IOMUXC_SetPinConfig( IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_12_LPUART1_TX, /* GPIO_AD_B0_12 PAD functional properties : */ 0x10B0u); /* Slew Rate Field: Slow Slew Rate Drive Strength Field: R0/6 Speed Field: medium(100MHz) Open Drain Enable Field: Open Drain Disabled Pull / Keep Enable Field: Pull/Keeper Enabled Pull / Keep Select Field: Keeper Pull Up / Down Config. Field: 100K Ohm Pull Down Hyst. Enable Field: Hysteresis Disabled */ IOMUXC_SetPinConfig( IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B0_13_LPUART1_RX, /* GPIO_AD_B0_13 PAD functional properties : */ 0x10B0u); /* Slew Rate Field: Slow Slew Rate Drive Strength Field: R0/6 Speed Field: medium(100MHz) Open Drain Enable Field: Open Drain Disabled Pull / Keep Enable Field: Pull/Keeper Enabled Pull / Keep Select Field: Keeper Pull Up / Down Config. Field: 100K Ohm Pull Down Hyst. Enable Field: Hysteresis Disabled */ } ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Function flexspi_nor_flash_init initializes the FlexSPI interface but in our case, the ROM bootloader already did this for us. So we need to make some modifications to this function as well. The only things that we will need from this function are to update the LUT and to do a software reset of the FlexSPI2 interface. At the end your function should look like the following:  void flexspi_nor_flash_init(FLEXSPI_Type *base) { /* Update LUT table. */ FLEXSPI_UpdateLUT(base, 0, customLUT, CUSTOM_LUT_LENGTH); /* Do software reset. */ FLEXSPI_SoftwareReset(base); } ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Inside the file app.h, we need to change some macros since now we will use a different memory and a different FlexSPI interface. The following macros are the ones that you need to modify:  Macro Before After Observations EXAMPLE_FLEXPI FLEXSPI FLEXSPI2 On-chip flash is connected through FlexSPI2 interface  FLASH_SIZE 0x2000 0x200 The size of the on-chip flash is different from the external NOR flash  EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI_AMBA_BASE FlexSPI_AMBA_BASE FlexSPI2_AMBA_BASE On-chip flash is connected through FlexSPI2 interface  EXAMPLE_SECTOR 4 100 The size of the on-chip flash is less than the external NOR flash, hence we will decrease the sector size to avoid erasing our application  Everything else in this file remains the same.  Finally, there are two changes that we need to make in the customLUT. To understand these changes you need to analyze the datasheets of the memories. But in the end, the two modifications are the followings:  Erase sector command of the on-chip flash is 0x20 instead of 0xD7.  Exchange the FLEXSPI command index for NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_FAST_QUAD and NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_NORMAL to align with XIP settings. At the end your customLUT should look like the following:  const uint32_t customLUT[CUSTOM_LUT_LENGTH] = { /* Fast read quad mode - SDR */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_FAST_QUAD] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x6B, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18), [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_FAST_QUAD + 1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ( kFLEXSPI_Command_DUMMY_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x08, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04), /* Fast read mode - SDR */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_FAST] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x0B, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18), [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_FAST + 1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ( kFLEXSPI_Command_DUMMY_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x08, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04), /* Normal read mode -SDR */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_NORMAL] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x03, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18), [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READ_NORMAL + 1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), /* Read extend parameters */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READSTATUS] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x81, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04), /* Write Enable */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_WRITEENABLE] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x06, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), /* Erase Sector */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_ERASESECTOR] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x20, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18), /* Page Program - single mode */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_PAGEPROGRAM_SINGLE] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x02, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18), [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_PAGEPROGRAM_SINGLE + 1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_WRITE_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), /* Page Program - quad mode */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_PAGEPROGRAM_QUAD] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x32, kFLEXSPI_Command_RADDR_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x18), [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_PAGEPROGRAM_QUAD + 1] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_WRITE_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), /* Read ID */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READID] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x9F, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04), /* Enable Quad mode */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_WRITESTATUSREG] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x01, kFLEXSPI_Command_WRITE_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04), /* Enter QPI mode */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_ENTERQPI] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x35, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), /* Exit QPI mode */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_EXITQPI] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_4PAD, 0xF5, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), /* Read status register */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_READSTATUSREG] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x05, kFLEXSPI_Command_READ_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0x04), /* Erase whole chip */ [4 * NOR_CMD_LUT_SEQ_IDX_ERASECHIP] = FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(kFLEXSPI_Command_SDR, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0xC7, kFLEXSPI_Command_STOP, kFLEXSPI_1PAD, 0), }; ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ These are all the changes that you need to make to the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer to use the on-chip flash as NVM instead of the external NOR flash.  Important notes It's important to mention that you cannot write, erase or read the on-chip flash while making XiP from this memory. So, you need to reallocate all the instructions that read, write and erase the flash to the internal FlexRAM. Fortunately, the example that we use as a base (flexspi_nor_polling_transfer) already does this. This is accomplished thanks to the files located in the linkscritps folder. To learn more about how this works, please refer to section 17.15 of the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide.  Additional resources Datasheet of the on-chip memory (Winbond W25Q32JV).  MCUXpresso IDE User Guide.  I hope that you find this document useful!  Regards,  Victor 
View full article
1 Introduction    With the quick development of science and technology, the Internet of Things(IoT) is widely used in various areas, such as industry, agriculture, environment, transportation, logistics, security, and other infrastructure. IoT usage makes our lives more colorful and intelligent. The explosive development of the IoT cannot be separated from the cloud platform. At present, there are many types of cloud services on the market, such as Amazon's AWS, Microsoft's Azure, google cloud, China's Alibaba Cloud, Baidu Cloud, OneNet, etc.    Amazon AWS Cloud is a professional cloud computing service that is provided by Amazon. It provides a complete set of infrastructure and cloud solutions for customers in various countries and regions around the world. It is currently a cloud computing with a large number of users. AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that allows connected devices to easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices.    NXP crossover MCU RT product has launched a series of AWS sample codes. This article mainly explains the remote_control_wifi_nxp code in the official MIMXRT1060-EVK SDK as an example to realize the data interaction with AWS IoT cloud, Android mobile APP, and MQTTfx client. The cloud topology of this article is as follows: Fig.1-1 2 AWS cloud operation 2.1 Create an AWS account Prepare a credit card, and then go to the below amazon link to create an AWS account:    https://console.aws.amazon.com/console/home   2.2 Create a Thing    Open the AWS IOT link: https://console.aws.amazon.com/iot    Choose the Things item under manage, if it is the first time usage, customer can choose “register a thing” to create the thing. If it is used in the previous time, customers can click the “create” button in the right corner to create the thing. Choose “create a single thing” to create the new thing, more details check the following picture. Fig. 2-1 Fig.2-2 Fig.2-3 2.3 Create certificate    Create a certificate for the newly created thing, click the “create certificate” button under the following picture: Fig.2-4    After the certificate is built, it will have the information about the certificate created, it means the certificate is generated and can be used. Fig. 2-5 Please note, download files: certificate for this thing, public key, private key. It will be used in the mqttfx tool configuration. Click “A root CA for AWS for Download”, download the root CA for AWS IoT, the mqttfx tool setting will also use it. Open the root CA download link, can download the CA certificate. RSA 2048 bit key: VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary G5 root CA certificate Fig. 2-6 At last, we can get these files: 7abfd7a350-certificate.pem.crt 7abfd7a350-private.pem.key 7abfd7a350-public.pem.key AmazonRootCA1.pem Save it, it will be used later. Click “active” button to active the certificate, and click “Done” button. The policy will be attached later.   2.4 Create Policies     Back to the iot view page: https://console.aws.amazon.com/iot/     Select the policies under Secure item, to create the new policies.  Fig. 2-7 Input the policy name, in the action area, fill: iot:*, Resource ARN area fill: * Check Allow item, click the create button to finish the new policy creation. Fig. 2-8 2.5 Things attach relationship     After the thing, certificate, policies creation, then will attach the policy to the certificate, and attach the certificate to the Things. Fig. 2-9 Choose the certificates under Secure item, in the related certificate item, choose “…”, you will find the down list, click “attach policy”, and choose the newly created policy. Then click attach thing, choose the newly created thing. Fig. 2-10 Fig. 2-11 Fig. 2-12 Now, open the Things under Mange item, check the detail things related information. Fig.2-13 Double click the thing, in the Interact item, we can find the Rest API Endpoint, the RT code and the mqttfx tool will use this endpoint to realize the cloud connection. Fig. 2-14 Check the security, you will find the previously created certificate, it means this thing already attach the new certificates: Fig. 2-15 Until now, we already finish the Things related configuration, then it will be used for the MQTT fx, Android app, RT EVK board connections, and testing, we also can check the communication information through the AWS shadow in the webpage directly.       3 Android related configuration 3.1 AWS cognito configuration    If use the Android app to communicate with the AWS IoT clould, the AWS side still needs to use the cognito service to authorize the AWS IoT, then access the device shadows. Create a new identity pools at first from the following link: https://console.aws.amazon.com/cognitohttps://console.aws.amazon.com/cognito Fig. 3-1 Click “manage Identity pools”, after enter it, then click “create new identity pool” Fig. 3-2 Fig. 3-3 Fig. 3-4 Here, it will generate two Roles: Cognito_PoolNameAuth_Role Cognito_PoolNameUnauth_Role Click Allow, to finish the identity pool creation. Fig. 3-5 Please record the related Identity pool ID, it will be used in the Android app .properties configuration files. 3.2 Create plicies in IAM for cognito   Open https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam   Click the “policies” item under “access management” Fig. 3-6 Choose “create policy”, create a IAM policies, in the Policy JSON area, write the following content: Fig. 3-7 { "Version": "2012-10-17", "Statement": [ { "Effect": "Allow", "Action": [ "iot:Connect" ], "Resource": [ "*" ] }, { "Effect": "Allow", "Action": [ "iot:Publish" ], "Resource": [ "arn:aws:iot:us-east-1:965396684474:topic/$aws/things/RTAWSThing/shadow/update", "arn:aws:iot:us-east-1:965396684474:topic/$aws/things/RTAWSThing/shadow/get" ] }, { "Effect": "Allow", "Action": [ "iot:Subscribe", "iot:Receive" ], "Resource": [ "*" ] } ] }‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Please note, in the JSON content: "arn:aws:iot:<REGION>:<ACCOUNT ID>:topic/$aws/things/<THING NAME>/shadow/update", "arn:aws:iot:<REGION>:<ACCOUNT ID>:topic/$aws/things/<THING NAME>/shadow/get" Region:the us-east-1 inFig. 3-5 ACCOUNT ID, it can be found in the upper right corner my account side. Fig 3-8 Fig 3-9 After finished the IAM policy creation, then back to IAM policies page, choose Filter policies as customer managed, we can find the new created customer’s policy. Fig. 3-10 3.3 Attach policy for the cognito role in IAM   In IAM, choose roles item: Fig. 3-11 Double click the cognito_PoolNameUnauth_Role which is generated when creating the pool in cognito, click attach policies, select the new created policy. Fig. 3-12 Fig. 3-13 Until now, we already finish the AWS cognito configuration.   3.4  Android properties file configuration Create a file with .properties, the content is:     customer_specific_endpoint=<REST API ENDPOINT>     cognito_pool_id=<COGNITO POOL ID>     thing_name=<THING NAME>     region=<REGION> Please fill the correct content: REST API ENDPOINT:Fig 2-14 COGNITO POOL ID:fig 3-5 THING NAME:fig 2-14,upper left corner REGION:Fig 3-5, the region data in COGNITO POOL ID Take an example, my properties file content is:  customer_specific_endpoint=a215vehc5uw107-ats.iot.us-east-1.amazonaws.com  cognito_pool_id=us-east-1:c5ca6d11-f069-416c-81f9-fc1ec8fd8de5  thing_name=RTAWSThing  region=us-east-1 In the real usage, please use your own configured data, otherwise, it will connect to my cloud endpoint. 4. MQTTfx configuration and testing MQTT.fx is an MQTT client tool which is based on EclipsePaho and written in Java language. It supports subscribe and publish of messages through Topic. You can download this tool from the following link:   http://mqttfx.jensd.de/index.php/download    The new version is:1.7.1.   4.1 MQTT.fx configuration     Choose connect configuration button, then enter the connection configuration page: Fig. 4-1 Profile Name: Enter the configuration name Broker Address: it is REST API ENDPOINT。 Broker Port:8883 Client ID: generate it freely CA file: it is the downloaded CA certificate file Client Certificate File: related certificate file Client key File: private key file Check PEM formatted。 Click apply and OK to finish the configuration. 4.2 Use the AWS cloud to test connection   In order to test whether it can be connected to the event cloud, a preliminary connection test can be performed. Open the aws page: https://console.aws.amazon.com/iot here is a Test button under this interface, which can be tested by other clients or by itself.Both AWS cloud and MQTTfx subscribe topic: $aws/things/RTAWSThing/shadow/update MQTTfx publishes data to the topic: $aws/things/RTAWSThing/shadow/update It can be found that both the cloud test port and the MQTTfx subscribe can receive data: Fig. 4-2 Below, the Publish data is tested by the cloud, and then you can see that both the MQTTFX subscribe and the cloud subscribe can receive data: Fig. 4-3 Until now, the AWS cloud can transfer the data between the AWS iot cloud and the client. 5 RT1060 and wifi module configuration   We mainly use the RT1060 SDK2.8.0 remote_control_wifi_nxp as the RT test code: SDK_2.8.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\aws_examples\remote_control_wifi_nxp Test platform is:MIMXRT1060-EVK Panasonic PAN9026 SDIO ADAPTER + SD to uSD adapter The project is using Panasonic PAN9026 SDIO ADAPTER in default. 5.1 WIFI and the AWS code configuration    The project need the working WIFI SSID and the password, so prepare a working WIFI for it. Then add the SSID and the password in the aws_clientcredential.h #define clientcredentialWIFI_SSID       "Paste WiFi SSID here." #define clientcredentialWIFI_PASSWORD   "Paste WiFi password here." The connection for AWS also in file: aws_clientcredential.h #define clientcredentialMQTT_BROKER_ENDPOINT "a215vehc5uw107-ats.iot.us-east-1.amazonaws.com" #define clientcredentialIOT_THING_NAME       "RTAWSThing" #define clientcredentialMQTT_BROKER_PORT      8883   5.2 certificate and the key configuration Open the SDK following link: SDK_2.8.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\rtos\freertos\tools\certificate_configuration\CertificateConfigurator.html Fig. 5-1 Generate the new aws_clientcredential_keys.h, and replace the old one. Take the MCUXPresso IDE project as an example, the file location is: Fig. 5-2 Build the project and download it to the MIMXRT1060-EVK board. 6 Test result Androd mobile phone download and install the APK under this folder: SDK_2.8.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\aws_examples\remote_control_android\AwsRemoteControl.apk SDK can be downloaded from this link: Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder  Then, we can use the Android app to remote control the RT EVK on board LED, the test result is 6.1 APP and EVK test result MIMXRT1060-EVK printf information: Fig. 6-1 Turn on and turn off the led:   Fig. 6-2                                        Fig. 6-3 6.2 MQTTfx subscribe result MQTTfx subscribe data Turn on the led, we can subscribe two messages: Fig. 6-4 Fig. 6-5   Turn off the led, we also can subscribe two messages: Fig. 6-6 Fig. 6-7 In the two message, the first one is used to set the led status. The second one is the EVK used to report the EVK led information. MQTTfx also can use the publish page, publish this data: {"state":{"desired":{"LEDstate":1}}} or {"state":{"desired":{"LEDstate":0}}} To topic: $aws/things/RTAWSThing/shadow/update It also can realize the on board LED turn on or off. 6.3 AWS cloud shadows display result Turn on the led: Fig. 6-8 Turn off the led: Fig. 6-9 In conclusion, after the above configuration and testing, it can finish the Android mobile phone to remote control the RT EVK on board LED and get the information. Also can use the MQTTFX client tool and the AWS shadow page to check the communication data.
View full article
In the SDK_2.7.0_EVKB-IMXRT1050, it contains some eIQ machine learning demo projects, there's the tensorflow_lite_kws among them. It's a keyword spotting example that is based on Keyword spotting for Microcontrollers and it deploys a deepwise separable convolutional neural network called MobileNet in this demo project. It can classify a one-second audio clip as either silence, an unknown word, "yes", "no", "up", "down", "left", "right", "on", "off", "stop", or "go". Figure 1 shows the components that comprise it. Fig 1 Training Our New Model The model we are using is trained with the TensorFlow script which is designed to demonstrate how to build and train a model for audio recognition using TensorFlow. The script makes it very easy to train an audio recognition model. Among other things, it allows us to do the following: Download a dataset with audio featuring 20 spoken words. Choose which subset of words to train the model on. Specify what type of preprocessing to use on the audio. Choose from several different types of the model architecture. Optimize the model for microcontrollers using quantization. When we run the script, it downloads the dataset, trains a model, and outputs a file representing the trained model. We then use some other tools to convert this file into the correct form for TensorFlow Lite. Training in virtual machine (VM) Preparation Make sure the TensorFlow has been installed, and since the script downloads over 2GB of training data, it'll need a good internet connection and enough free space on the machine. Note that: The training process itself can take several hours, be patient. Training To begin the training process, use the following commands to clone ML-KWS-for-MCU. git clone https://github.com/ARM-software/ML-KWS-for-MCU.git‍‍‍‍‍‍ The training scripts are configured via a bunch of command-line flags that control everything from the model’s architecture to the words it will be trained to classify. The following command runs the script that begins training. You can see that it has a lot of command-line arguments: python ML-KWS-for-MCU/train.py --model_architecture ds_cnn --model_size_info 5 64 10 4 2 2 64 3 3 1 1 64 3 3 1 1 64 3 3 1 1 64 3 3 1 1 \ --wanted_words=zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine \ --dct_coefficient_count 10 --window_size_ms 40 \ --window_stride_ms 20 --learning_rate 0.0005,0.0001,0.00002 \ --how_many_training_steps 10000,10000,10000 \ --data_dir=./speech_dataset --summaries_dir ./retrain_logs --train_dir ./speech_commands_train ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ Some of these, like --wanted_words=zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. By default, the selected words are yes, no, up, down, left, right, on, off, stop, go, but we can provide any combination of the following words, all of which appear in our dataset: Common commands: yes, no, up, down, left, right, on, off, stop, go, backward, forward, follow, learn Digits zero through nine: zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine Random words: bed, bird, cat, dog, happy, house, Marvin, Sheila, tree, wow Others set up the output of the script, such as --train_dir=/content/speech_commands_train, which defines where the trained model will be saved. Leave the arguments as they are, and run it. The script will start off by downloading the Speech Commands dataset (Figure 2), which consists of over 105,000 WAVE audio files of people saying thirty different words. This data was collected by Google and released under a CC BY license, and you can help improve it by contributing five minutes of your own voice. The archive is over 2GB, so this part may take a while, but you should see progress logs, and once it's been downloaded once you won't need to do this step again. You can find more information about this dataset in this Speech Commands paper. Fig 2 Once the downloading has completed, some more output will appear. There might be some warnings, which you can ignore as long as the command continues running. Later, you'll see logging information that looks like this (Figure 3). Fig 3 This shows that the initialization process is done and the training loop has begun. You'll see that it outputs information for every training step. Here's a break down of what it means: Step shows that we're on the step of the training loop. In this case, there are going to be 30,000 steps in total, so you can look at the step number to get an idea of how close it is to finishing. rate is the learning rate that's controlling the speed of the network's weight updates. Early on this is a comparatively high number (0.0005), but for later training cycles it will be reduced 5x, to 0.0001, then to 0.00002 at last. accuracy is how many classes were correctly predicted on this training step. This value will often fluctuate a lot, but should increase on average as training progresses. The model outputs an array of numbers, one for each label, and each number is the predicted likelihood of the input being that class. The predicted label is picked by choosing the entry with the highest score. The scores are always between zero and one, with higher values representing more confidence in the result. cross-entropy is the result of the loss function that we're using to guide the training process. This is a score that's obtained by comparing the vector of scores from the current training run to the correct labels, and this should trend downwards during training. checkpoint After a hundred steps, you should see a line like this: This is saving out the current trained weights to a checkpoint file (Figure 4). If your training script gets interrupted, you can look for the last saved checkpoint and then restart the script with --start_checkpoint=/tmp/speech_commands_train/best/ds_cnn_xxxx.ckpt-400 as a command line argument to start from that point . Fig 4 Confusion Matrix After four hundred steps, this information will be logged: The first section is a confusion matrix. To understand what it means, you first need to know the labels being used, which in this case are "silence", "unknown", "zero", "one", "two", "three", "four", "five", "six", "seven", "eight", and "nine". Each column represents a set of samples that were predicted to be each label, so the first column represents all the clips that were predicted to be silence, the second all those that were predicted to be unknown words, the third "zero", and so on. Each row represents clips by their correct, ground truth labels. The first row is all the clips that were silence, the second clips that were unknown words, the third "zero", etc. This matrix can be more useful than just a single accuracy score because it gives a good summary of what mistakes the network is making. In this example you can see that all of the entries in the first row are zero (Figure 5), apart from the initial one. Because the first row is all the clips that are actually silence, this means that none of them were mistakenly labeled as words, so we have no false negatives for silence. This shows the network is already getting pretty good at distinguishing silence from words. If we look down the first column though, we see a lot of non-zero values. The column represents all the clips that were predicted to be silence, so positive numbers outside of the first cell are errors. This means that some clips of real spoken words are actually being predicted to be silence, so we do have quite a few false positives. A perfect model would produce a confusion matrix where all of the entries were zero apart from a diagonal line through the center. Spotting deviations from that pattern can help you figure out how the model is most easily confused, and once you've identified the problems you can address them by adding more data or cleaning up categories.                                                            Fig 5                                                             Validation After the confusion matrix, you should see a line like Figure 5 shows. It's good practice to separate your data set into three categories. The largest (in this case roughly 80% of the data) is used for training the network, a smaller set (10% here, known as "validation") is reserved for evaluation of the accuracy during training, and another set (the last 10%, "testing") is used to evaluate the accuracy once after the training is complete. The reason for this split is that there's always a danger that networks will start memorizing their inputs during training. By keeping the validation set separate, you can ensure that the model works with data it's never seen before. The testing set is an additional safeguard to make sure that you haven't just been tweaking your model in a way that happens to work for both the training and validation sets, but not a broader range of inputs. The training script automatically separates the data set into these three categories, and the logging line above shows the accuracy of model when run on the validation set. Ideally, this should stick fairly close to the training accuracy. If the training accuracy increases but the validation doesn't, that's a sign that overfitting is occurring, and your model is only learning things about the training clips, not broader patterns that generalize Training Finished In general, training is the process of iteratively tweaking a model’s weights and biases until it produces useful predictions. The training script writes these weights and biases to checkpoint files (Figure 6). Fig 6 A TensorFlow model consists of two main things: The weights and biases resulting from training A graph of operations that combine the model’s input with these weights and biases to produce the model’s output At this juncture, our model’s operations are defined in the Python scripts, and its trained weights and biases are in the most recent checkpoint file. We need to unite the two into a single model file with a specific format, which we can use to run inference. The process of creating this model file is called freezing—we’re creating a static representation of the graph with the weights frozen into it. To freeze our model, we run a script that is called as follows: python ML-KWS-for-MCU/freeze.py --model_architecture ds_cnn --model_size_info 5 64 10 4 2 2 64 3 3 1 1 64 3 3 1 1 64 3 3 1 1 64 3 3 1 1 \ --wanted_words=zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine \ --dct_coefficient_count 10 --window_size_ms 40 \ --window_stride_ms 20 --checkpoint ./speech_commands_train/best/ds_cnn_9490.ckpt-21600 \ --output_file=./ds_cnn.pb‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ To point the script toward the correct graph of operations to freeze, we pass some of the same arguments we used in training. We also pass a path to the final checkpoint file, which is the one whose filename ends with the total number of training steps. The frozen graph will be output to a file named ds_cnn.pb. This file is the fully trained TensorFlow model. It can be loaded by TensorFlow and used to run inference. That’s great, but it’s still in the format used by regular TensorFlow, not TensorFlow Lite. Convert to TensorFlow Lite Conversion is a easy step: we just need to run a single command. Now that we have a frozen graph file to work with, we’ll be using toco, the command-line interface for the TensorFlow Lite converter. toco --graph_def_file=./ds_cnn.pb --output_file=./ds_cnn.tflite \ --input_shapes=1,49,10,1 --input_arrays=Reshape_1 --output_arrays='labels_softmax' \ --inference_type=QUANTIZED_UINT8 --mean_values=227 --std_dev_values=1 \ --change_concat_input_ranges=false \ --default_ranges_min=-6 --default_ranges_max =6‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ In the arguments, we specify the model that we want to convert, the output location for the TensorFlow Lite model file, and some other values that depend on the model architecture. we also provide some arguments (inference_type, mean_values, and std_dev_values) that instruct the converter how to map its low-precision values into real numbers. The converted model will be written to ds_cnn.tflite, this a fully formed TensorFlow Lite model! Create a C array We’ll use the xxd command to convert a TensorFlow Lite model into a C array in the following. xxd -i ./ds_cnn.tflite > ./ds_cnn.h cat ./ds_cnn.h‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ The final part of the output is the file’s contents, which are a C array and an integer holding its length, as follows: Fig 7 Next, we’ll integrate this newly trained model with the tensorflow_lite_kws project. Using the Model in tensorflow_lite_kws Project To use the new model, we need to do two things: In source/ds_cnn_s_model.h, replace the original model data with our new model. Update the label names in source/kws.cpp with our new ''zero'', ''one'', ''two'', ''three'', ''four'', ''five'', ''six'', ''seven'', ''eight'' and ''nine'' labels. const std::string labels[] = {"Silence", "Unknown","zero", "one", "two", "three","four", "five", "six", "seven","eight", "nine"};‍‍‍ Before running the model in the EVKB-IMXRT1050 board (Figure 8), please refer to the readme.txt to do the preparation, in further, the file also demonstrates the steps of testing, please follow them. Fig 8 Figure 9 shows the testing I did, I've attached the model file, please give a try by yourself. Fig 9
View full article
Overview ======== The LPUART example for FreeRTOS demonstrates the possibility to use the LPUART driver in the RTOS with hardware flow control. The example uses two instances of LPUART IP and sends data between them. The UART signals must be jumpered together on the board. Toolchain supported =================== - MCUXpresso 11.0.0 Hardware requirements ===================== - Mini/micro USB cable - MIMXRT1050-EVKB board - Personal Computer Board settings ============== R278 and R279 must be populated, or have pads shorted. These resistors are under the display opposite side of board from uSD connector. The following pins need to be jumpered together: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | | UART3 (UARTA) | UART8 (UARTB) | |---|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------------| | # | Signal | Function | Jumper | Jumper | Function | Signal | |---|---------------|----------|----------|----------|----------|---------------| | 1 | GPIO_AD_B1_07 | RX | J22-pin1 | J23-pin1 | TX | GPIO_AD_B1_10 | | 2 | GPIO_AD_B1_06 | TX | J22-pin2 | J23-pin2 | RX | GPIO_AD_B1_11 | | 3 | GPIO_AD_B1_04 | CTS | J23-pin3 | J24-pin5 | RTS | GPIO_SD_B0_03 | | 4 | GPIO_AD_B1_05 | RTS | J23-pin4 | J24-pin4 | CTS | GPIO_SD_B0_02 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Prepare the Demo ================ 1. Connect a USB cable between the host PC and the OpenSDA USB port on the target board. 2. Open a serial terminal with the following settings: - 115200 baud rate - 8 data bits - No parity - One stop bit - No flow control 3. Download the program to the target board. 4. Either press the reset button on your board or launch the debugger in your IDE to begin running the demo. Running the demo ================ You will see status of the example printed to the console. Customization options =====================
View full article
MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING TOOL是官方今年上半年推出的一个针对安全的软件工具,操作起来非常的简单便捷而且稳定可靠,对于安全功能不熟悉的用户十分友好。但就是目前功能还不是很完善,只能支持HAB的相关操作,后续像BEE之类的需等待更新。 详细的介绍信息以及用户手册请参考官方网址:MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool | Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP | NXP  目前似乎知道这个工具的客户还不是很多,大部分用的更多的还是MCU BOOT UTILITY。那么如果已经用了MCU BOOT UTILITY烧录了FUSE,现在想用官方工具了怎么办了?其实对两者进行研究对比后,他们最原始的执行部分都是一样的,所以我们按照如下步骤进行相应的简单替换就能把新工具用起来: 首先是crts可keys的替换, MCU BOOT UTILITY的路径是在: ..\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\tools\cst MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING的对应路径是在对应workspace的根目录: 另外还有一个就是encrypted模式会用到的hab_cert,需要将下面这两个文件对应替换,而且两个工具的命名不同,注意修改。 MCU BOOT UTILITY的路径是在: ..\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\NXP-MCUBootUtility-2.2.0\gen\hab_cert MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING的路径是workspace里: ..\secure_provisioning_RT1050\gen_hab_certs MCU BOOT UTILITY里命名为:SRK_1_2_3_4_table.bin; SRK_1_2_3_4_fuse.bin MCUXPRESSO SECURE PROVISIONING里命名为:SRK_fuses.bin; SRK_hash.bin 至此,就能够在新工具上用起来了 最后提一下,就是这个新工具是可以建不同的workspace来相应存储不同秘钥的项目,能够方便用户区分。在新工具下建的项目也是可以互相替换秘钥的,参考上术步骤中的secure provisioning部分即可。
View full article
This application note describes how to develop an H.264 video decoding application with the NXP i.MX RT1050 processor. Click here to access the full application note. Click here to access the github repo of FFMPEG(code, no GPL). state: the code is for evaluation purpose only.
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/community/imx/blog/2019/04/17/do-you-have-a-minute 
View full article
Overview of i.MX RT1050         The i.MX RT1050 is the industry's first crossover processor and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a micro-controller. The i.MX RT1050 runs on the Arm Cortex-M7 core at 600 MHz, it means that it definitely has the ability to do some complicated computing, such as floating-point arithmetic, matrix operation, etc. For general MCU, they're hard to conquer these complicated operations.         It has a rich peripheral which makes it suit for a variety of applications, in this demo, the PXP (Pixel Pipeline), CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface), eLCDIF (Enhanced LCD Interface) allows me to build up camera display system easily Fig 1 i.MX RT series           It has a rich peripheral which makes it suit for a variety of applications, in this demo, the PXP (Pixel Pipeline), CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface), eLCDIF (Enhanced LCD Interface) allows me to build up camera display system easily Fig 2 i.MX RT1050 Block Diagram Basic concept of Compute Vision (CV)          Machine Learning (ML) is moving to the edge because of a variety of reasons, such as bandwidth constraint, latency, reliability, security, ect. People want to have edge computing capability on embedded devices to provide more advanced services, like voice recognition for smart speakers and face detection for surveillance cameras. Fig 3 Reason        Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) is one of the main ways to do image recognition and image classification. CNNs use a variation of multilayer perception that requires minimal pre-processing, based on their shared-weights architecture and translation invariance characteristics. Fig 4 Structure of a typical deep neural network         Above is an example that shows the original image input on the left-hand side and how it progresses through each layer to calculate the probability on the right-hand side. Hardware MIMXRT1050 EVK Board; RK043FN02H-CT(LCD Panel) Fig 5 MIMXRT1050 EVK board Reference demo code emwin_temperature_control: demonstrates graphical widgets of the emWin library. cmsis_nn_cifar10: demonstrates a convolutional neural network (CNN) example with the use of convolution, ReLU activation, pooling and fully-connected functions from the CMSIS-NN software library. The CNN used in this example is based on the CIFAR-10 example from Caffe. The neural network consists of 3 convolution layers interspersed by ReLU activation and max-pooling layers, followed by a fully-connected layer at the end. The input to the network is a 32x32 pixel color image, which is classified into one of the 10 output classes. Note: Both of these two demo projects are from the SDK library Deploy the neuro network mode Fig 6 illustrates the steps of deploying the neuro network mode on the embedded platform. In the cmsis_nn_cifar10 demo project, it has provided the quantized parameters for the 3 convolution layer, so in this implementation, I use these parameters directly, BTW, I choose 100 images randomly from the Test set as a round of input to evaluate the accuracy of this model. And through several rounds of testing, I get the model's accuracy is about 65% as the below figure shows. Fig 6 Deploy the neuro network mode Fig 7 cmsis_nn_cifar10 demo project test result The CIFAR-10 dataset is a collection of images that are commonly used to train ML and computer vision algorithms, it consists of 60000 32x32 color images in 10 classes, with 6000 images per class ("airplane", "automobile", "bird", "cat", "deer", "dog", "frog", "horse", "ship", "truck"). There are 50000 training images and 10000 test images. Embedded platform software structure         After POR, various components are initialized, like system clock, pin mux, camera, CSI, PXP, LCD and emWin, etc. Then control GUI will show up in the LCD, press the Play button will display the camera video in the LCD, once an object into the camera's window, you can press the Capture button to pause the display and run the model to identify the object. Fig8 presents the software structure of this demo. Fig 8 Embedded platform software structure Object identify Test The three figures present the testing result.   Fig 9 Fig 10 Fig 11 Furture work          Use the Pytorch framework to train a better and more complicated convolutional network for object recognition usage.
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件 原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342297
View full article