i.MX RT Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT Knowledge Base

Labels

Discussions

[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/community/imx/blog/2019/04/17/do-you-have-a-minute 
View full article
Overview of i.MX RT1050         The i.MX RT 1050 is the industry's first crossover processor and combines the high-performance and high level of integration on an applications processors with the ease of use and real-time functionality of a micro-controller. The i.MX RT1050 runs on the Arm Cortex-M7 core at 600 MHz, it means that it definitely has the ability to do some complicated computing, such as floating-point arithmetic, matrix operation, etc. For general MCU, they're hard to conquer these complicated operations.         It has a rich peripheral which makes it suit for a variety of applications, in this demo, the PXP (Pixel Pipeline), CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface), eLCDIF (Enhanced LCD Interface) allows me to build up camera display system easily Fig 1 i.MX RT series           It has a rich peripheral which makes it suit for a variety of applications, in this demo, the PXP (Pixel Pipeline), CSI (CMOS Sensor Interface), eLCDIF (Enhanced LCD Interface) allows me to build up camera display system easily Fig 2 i.MX RT1050 Block Diagram Basic concept of Compute Vision (CV)          Machine Learning (ML) is moving to the edge because of a variety of reasons, such as bandwidth constraint, latency, reliability, security, ect. People want to have edge computing capability on embedded devices to provide more advanced services, like voice recognition for smart speakers and face detection for surveillance cameras. Fig 3 Reason        Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) is one of the main ways to do image recognition and image classification. CNNs use a variation of multilayer perception that requires minimal pre-processing, based on their shared-weights architecture and translation invariance characteristics. Fig 4 Structure of a typical deep neural network         Above is an example that shows the original image input on the left-hand side and how it progresses through each layer to calculate the probability on the right-hand side. Hardware MIMXRT1050 EVK Board; RK043FN02H-CT(LCD Panel) Fig 5 MIMXRT1050 EVK board Reference demo code emwin_temperature_control: demonstrates graphical widgets of the emWin library. cmsis_nn_cifar10: demonstrates a convolutional neural network (CNN) example with the use of convolution, ReLU activation, pooling and fully-connected functions from the CMSIS-NN software library. The CNN used in this example is based on the CIFAR-10 example from Caffe. The neural network consists of 3 convolution layers interspersed by ReLU activation and max-pooling layers, followed by a fully-connected layer at the end. The input to the network is a 32x32 pixel color image, which is classified into one of the 10 output classes. Note: Both of these two demo projects are from the SDK library Deploy the neuro network mode Fig 6 illustrates the steps of deploying the neuro network mode on the embedded platform. In the cmsis_nn_cifar10 demo project, it has provided the quantized parameters for the 3 convolution layer, so in this implementation, I use these parameters directly, BTW, I choose 100 images randomly from the Test set as a round of input to evaluate the accuracy of this model. And through several rounds of testing, I get the model's accuracy is about 65% as the below figure shows. Fig 6 Deploy the neuro network mode Fig 7 cmsis_nn_cifar10 demo project test result The CIFAR-10 dataset is a collection of images that are commonly used to train ML and computer vision algorithms, it consists of 60000 32x32 color images in 10 classes, with 6000 images per class ("airplane", "automobile", "bird", "cat", "deer", "dog", "frog", "horse", "ship", "truck"). There are 50000 training images and 10000 test images. Embedded platform software structure         After POR, various components are initialized, like system clock, pin mux, camera, CSI, PXP, LCD and emWin, etc. Then control GUI will show up in the LCD, press the Play button will display the camera video in the LCD, once an object into the camera's window, you can press the Capture button to pause the display and run the model to identify the object. Fig8 presents the software structure of this demo. Fig 8 Embedded platform software structure Object identify Test The three figures present the testing result.   Fig 9 Fig 10 Fig 11 Furture work          Use the Pytorch framework to train a better and more complicated convolutional network for object recognition usage.
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件 原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342297
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件 原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342954
View full article
Source code: https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility   【v2.0.0】 Features: > 1. Support i.MXRT5xx A0, i.MXRT6xx A0 >    支持i.MXRT5xx A0, i.MXRT6xx A0 > 2. Support i.MXRT1011, i.MXRT117x A0 >    支持i.MXRT1011, i.MXRT117x A0 > 3. [RTyyyy] Support OTFAD encryption secure boot case (SNVS Key, User Key) >     [RTyyyy] 支持基于OTFAD实现的安全加密启动(唯一SNVS key,用户自定义key) > 4. [RTxxx] Support both UART and USB-HID ISP modes >     [RTxxx] 支持UART和USB-HID两种串行编程方式(COM端口/USB设备自动识别) > 5. [RTxxx] Support for converting bare image into bootable image >     [RTxxx] 支持将裸源image文件自动转换成i.MXRT能启动的Bootable image > 6. [RTxxx] Original image can be a bootable image (with FDCB) >     [RTxxx] 用户输入的源程序文件可以包含i.MXRT启动头 (FDCB) > 7. [RTxxx] Support for loading bootable image into FlexSPI/QuadSPI NOR boot device >     [RTxxx] 支持下载Bootable image进主动启动设备 - FlexSPI/QuadSPI NOR接口Flash > 8. [RTxxx] Support development boot case (Unsigned, CRC) >     [RTxxx] 支持用于开发阶段的非安全加密启动(未签名,CRC校验) > 9. Add Execute action support for Flash Programmer >     在通用Flash编程器模式下增加执行(跳转)操作 > 10. [RTyyyy] Can show FlexRAM info in device status >       [RTyyyy] 支持在device status里显示当前FlexRAM配置情况 Improvements: > 1. [RTyyyy] Improve stability of USB connection of i.MXRT105x board >     [RTyyyy] 提高i.MXRT105x目标板USB连接稳定性 > 2. Can write/read RAM via Flash Programmer >    通用Flash编程器里也支持读写RAM > 3. [RTyyyy] Provide Flashloader resident option to adapt to different FlexRAM configurations >     [RTyyyy] 提供Flashloader执行空间选项以适应不同的FlexRAM配置 Bugfixes: > 1. [RTyyyy] Sometimes tool will report error "xx.bat file cannot be found" >     [RTyyyy] 有时候生成证书时会提示bat文件无法找到,导致证书无法生成 > 2. [RTyyyy] Editing mixed eFuse fields is not working as expected >     [RTyyyy] 可视化方式去编辑混合eFuse区域并没有生效 > 3. [RTyyyy] Cannot support 32MB or larger LPSPI NOR/EEPROM device >     [RTyyyy] 无法支持32MB及以上容量的LPSPI NOR/EEPROM设备 > 4. Cannot erase/read the last two pages of boot device via Flash Programmer >    在通用Flash编程器模式下无法擦除/读取外部启动设备的最后两个Page
View full article
Source code: https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility 【v1.3.0】 Features: > 1. Can generate .sb file by actions in efuse operation utility window >    支持生成仅含自定义efuse烧写操作(在efuse operation windows里指定)的.sb格式文件 Improvements: > 1. HAB signed mode should not appliable for FlexSPI/SEMC NOR device Non-XIP boot with RT1020/1015 ROM >    HAB签名模式在i.MXRT1020/1015下应不支持从FlexSPI NOR/SEMC NOR启动设备中Non-XIP启动 > 2. HAB encrypted mode should not appliable for FlexSPI/SEMC NOR device boot with RT1020/1015 ROM >    HAB加密模式在i.MXRT1020/1015下应不支持从FlexSPI NOR/SEMC NOR启动设备中启动 > 3. Multiple .sb files(all, flash, efuse) should be generated if there is efuse operation in all-in-one action >    当All-In-One操作中包含efuse烧写操作时,会生成3个.sb文件(全部操作、仅flash操作、仅efuse操作) > 4. Can generate .sb file without board connection when boot device type is NOR >    当启动设备是NOR型Flash时,可以不用连接板子直接生成.sb文件 > 5. Automatic image readback can be disabled to save operation time >    一键操作下的自动程序回读可以被禁掉,用以节省操作时间 > 6. The text of language option in menu bar should be static and easy understanding >    菜单栏里的语言选项标签应该是静态且易于理解的(中英双语同时显示) Bugfixes: > 1. Cannot generate bootable image when original image (hex/bin) size is larger than 64KB >    当输入的源image文件格式为hex或者bin且其大小超过64KB时,生成可启动程序会失败 > 2. Cannot download large image file (eg 6.8MB) in some case >    当输入的源image文件非常大时(比如6.8MB),下载可能会超时失败 > 3. There is language switch issue with some dynamic labels >    当切换显示语言时,有一些控件标签(如Connect按钮)不能实时更新 > 4. Some led demos of RT1050 EVKB board are invalid >    /apps目录下RT1050 EVKB板子的一些LED demo是无效的 【v1.4.0】 Features: > 1. Support for loading bootable image into uSDHC SD/eMMC boot device >    支持下载Bootable image进主动启动设备 - uSDHC接口SD/eMMC卡 > 2. Provide friendly way to view and set mixed eFuse fields >    支持更直观友好的方式去查看/设置某些混合功能的eFuse区域 Improvements: > 1. Set default FlexSPI NOR device to align with NXP EVK boards >    默认FlexSPI NOR device应与恩智浦官方EVK板卡相匹配 > 2. Enable real-time gauge for Flash Programmer actions >    为通用Flash编程器里的操作添加实时进度条显示
View full article
The i.MXRT1060 provides the tightly coupled GPIO, enable to be accessed with high frequency. RT1060 provides two set of GPIOs registers to control pads output. GPIO1 to GPIO3 is general GPIO, and GPIO6 to GPIO8 is tightly GPIO, but they share the same pad, that means the gpio pin can select from GPIO1/2/3 to GPIO6/7/8. The registers IOMUXC_GPR_GPR26, IOMUXC_GPR_GPR27, and IOMUXC_GPR_GPR28 are for GPIO selection. To select the gpio pin between GPIO1/2/3 or GPIO6/7/8 you can use MCUXpresso Config Tools. For example, if you select pin G10 you can select either GPIOI_IO11 for normal GPIO or GPIO6_IO11 for fast GPIO.  I made an example based on the SDK v2.7.0 to compare the speed of Normal GPIO and Fast GPIO. For this, I used pin G10 (GPIOI_IO11 and GPIO6_IO11). Firstly, I used the normal GPIO pin (GPIOI_IO11). I will toggle the pin by writing directly to the GPIO_DR register. Notice that you can access this pin through J22 pin 3 in the evaluation board, so you can measure the performance of the pin. Here are the results: With the normal GPIO pin, we reach a period of 160ns when writing directly to the GPIO_DR register. Now, if we change to the fast GPIO and use the same instructions we have the following results. As you can see when using the fast GPIO pin, the period of the signal it's almost one-third of the period when using a normal GPIO. Now, The A1 silicon of the RT1060 has a new GPIO toggle feature. If we toggle the pin with the new register DR_TOGGLE instead of the GPIO_DR we will get better performance with both pins, normal GPIO and fast. Here are the results of normal GPIO with the DR_TOGGLE register. As you can see when using the register DR_TOGGLE along with the normal GPIO pin we get a period of around 53 ns while when writing to the GPIO_DR register we got 160 ns. When using the register DR_TOGGLE and the fast GPIO we will get the best performance of the pin. Results are shown below. Many thanks to jorge_a_vazquez for his valuable help with this document. Hope this helps! Best regards, Victor.
View full article