cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1011: SAI multi-channel packing in one data line

anton_glukhov
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a slave device that supports custom "serial mode" for i2s input and I'd like to know if it's possible to provide such format from RT1011 MCU. For the timing diagram, please, see the attached picture. I2S_WS goes with 48kHz as the sample rate. Each sample is 32bits. As far as I understand from the datasheet for rt1011, it's possible to set up an arbitrary number of words and word length. Could you, please, advice and clarify if it's possible?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 14.45.54.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Anton,

Yes, the SAI modules in RT1011 can support this format. There are lots of related discuss in community. Please take a look.

How can I configure multi-channel SAI using edma? 

SAI for multi-channel PCM 

https://community.nxp.com/message/618774 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

anton_glukhov
Contributor III

Hi jingpan,

Thank you for the response! I have one small concern about WS (wordstrobe) for this particular case that I showed on time diagram above. According to the description for SYWD bits of the TCR4 register, it says "The sync width cannot be configured longer than the first word of the frame.". Could you confirm that regardless this notes from the datasheet, RT1011 will be able to provide required data format (wordstrobe size is 4 samples/words, as shown on the attached picture)?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Anton

0 Kudos