356件の閲覧回数
sandeepc
Contributor IV

Winbond flash:W25Q64JVSSIQ

SDK version: 2.14.0

Controller: MImxrt1170

IDE version: 

MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.0 [Build 1165] [2023-07-26]

We are developing custom boot loader for one of our application.

i tried with importing nor flash example it works only when i link complete application to RAM.

sandeepc_0-1714459440295.png

without linking if i call getting below error

static serial_nor_config_option_t option = {

.option0.U = 0xc0000007U,

.option1.U = 0U,

};

status = ROM_FLEXSPI_NorFlash_GetConfig(FlexSpiInstance, &norConfig, &option);

sandeepc_0-1714461974695.png

We are trying to call ROM APIs to erase/write to same flash memory from which code is executing.
In this scenario, are we supposed to call ROM APIs only from RAM, or can it be called from main application running from flash (QSPI)?
If ROM APIs can be called from flash, can you please provide a example?

@kerryzhou

@diego_charles  

0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)

87件の閲覧回数
Littell
Contributor II

Any answer for this?  Can the ROM API's actually be used with XIP SPI NOR Flash?  If so, how?

0 件の賞賛
返信

57件の閲覧回数
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Littell 

I  think the follow up for @sandeepc where made somewhere else, @sandeepc if you are still getting issues feel free to let us now .

With regards to your questions, yes , ROM APIS can be used with with XIP SPI NOR Flash. 

Let me detail some issues we had and  worked with  the romapi demo:

With SDK 2.15 the ROM API did not work as expected, so a change must be done, refer to this thread  and more specifically to this comment.

With SDK 2.16 we where able to solve the problem, and no modifications where required. In case of still getting issues, please make a mass erase, as we found out in this thread evkbrt1170 romapi

All of this where tested on the RT1170 EVK from our side. If you are still getting issues, feel free to let us know. 

Diego

0 件の賞賛
返信

51件の閲覧回数
Littell
Contributor II

But on the RT1170 EVKB the Winbond Flash runs at 133 MHz, right?  The Winbond Data Sheet (W25Q512 Section 8.2.23) specifies that 8 dummy clocks should be used at that clock rate.  So why and how could changing to 6 have fixed anything?

0 件の賞賛
返信

29件の閲覧回数
Littell
Contributor II
Waiting for clarification on this.
0 件の賞賛
返信