cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Bus Interface (SRAM kind of) in i.MX 1050

TaoZefeng
Contributor I

Hi,

We are building an application card based on i.MX 1050, about the SEMC interface, I saw it support SRAM in Chapter 49, but when I veiw the Signal, I can't see the pin of RD and WR. The pin of SEMC_WE, the description is like this "Write Enable (For SDRAM only)" which make me confused.I can't find other RD and WR singal to support the SRAM like IS62WV25616BLL-55TLI-TR.

And I also can't find it on Pins Tool for i.MX.

So, I wanted know if,

1. My understanding is correct with respect to parallel bus interface.

2. Is there any another way I can make it?

Thanks,

Zefeng Tao

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Taoze Feng,

But IS62WV25616BLL also hasn't RD and WR. Most current commercial SRAM hasn't these pins.

jingpan_0-1616059571416.png

MCUXpresso IDE has integrated pin config tool. If you use Keil/IAR, you can use MCUxpresso Config Tools to configure pins. It can be downloaded from

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-c...

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

TaoZefeng
Contributor I

Hi, Jing  

Thanks for your reply, we always used the IC like LY62256SL which had OE and WE.and now we want to use I.MX RT1050,and now I didn't know how to design to achieve this with parallel bus interface, so we now commucate with the IC using serial interface like spi.

But I also want to know how to use the parallel interface, It means I should use the IC like the IS62WV25616BLL which without RD and WR,and I must match the sequence if I use the FPGA. Is it means I.MX RT1050 can't support the IC like LY62256SL. Sorry, I don't konw how the upload the pic.

Now I had use the MCUxpresso Config Tools to configure pins and the keil to compile th project,thanks.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

SEMC doesn't support 8080 bus interface. Please use FlexIO to connect to LY62256SL. It can emulate 8080 bus interface.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos