cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx93_ota "This wic have NOT terminate tag after"

Jump to solution
tgt007
Contributor II

I used the"./assemble_base_image.sh -e  -b imx93 "command to create the "swu_singlecopy_rescue_imx93_emmc_20240605.sdcard" file.Upgrade the "swu_singlecopy_rescue_imx93_emmc_20240605.sdcard" file using uuu.An error has occurred.

"This wic have NOT terminate tag after"

D:\share\imx-matter_2023-q4_imx8mmevk-matter>uuu.exe -b emmc_all swu_singlecopy_rescue_imx93_emmc_20240605.sdcard
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.5.165-0-g7347a80

Success 0 Failure 1

2:33 1/ 1 [This wic have NOT terminate tag after ] SDPS: boot -scanterm -f swu_singlecopy_rescue_imx93_emmc_20240605

D:\share\imx-matter_2023-q4_imx8mmevk-matter>pause
请按任意键继续. . .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hustdage
Contributor II

@tgt007  I have sent you the answer and listed all the souce code for this root cause by private message.

You can decide to public it now.

I will pubilc it later to give NXP engineer chance to really read their own code, which is existing for years.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi. @tgt007 

For .sdcard you need to use dd command flash it to your SD card.

0 Kudos
hustdage
Contributor II

This reply shows you  have no idea about the NXP BSP source code as a NXP engineer.

Further, the root cause is not the extension .sdcard.

In your opnion, if rename .wic to .sdcard, the image can be changed. It needs dd command.

In your mind, like a .txt file, when you rename to .mp4, it could become a movie.

0 Kudos
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @tgt007 

Please use the "uuu -b emmc <bootloader> <rootfs.wic.bz2>" and see the result, emmc_all is for whole image.

0 Kudos
hustdage
Contributor II

If NXP engineers do not know their own code, then I can provide you with training and provide the answer to this question.

0 Kudos
hustdage
Contributor II

@tgt007  I have sent you the answer and listed all the souce code for this root cause by private message.

You can decide to public it now.

I will pubilc it later to give NXP engineer chance to really read their own code, which is existing for years.

0 Kudos
tgt007
Contributor II

thinks!

0 Kudos
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI, @tgt007 

Where did you get this command and the shell file?

B.R

0 Kudos
tgt007
Contributor II
AN13872
0 Kudos
pengyong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @tgt007 

You should use emmc_all with .wic file. you can ru the uuu see more help about uuu.

B.R

0 Kudos
tgt007
Contributor II
How to generate WIC files.This command "./assemble_base_image.sh -e -b imx93 " automatically generates the SDCARD file.
0 Kudos