Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8qm GPU[0] hang, automatic recovery

Jump to solution
ruge
Contributor I

Hello, XNP engineer.

I am writing to seek your expertise regarding a concerning issue that has been observed during the operation of the QT GUI program on our custom circuit board featuring the i.MX8QM chip.

The problem we are encountering manifests as follows: when running the QT GUI program, there is a probability of the screen freezing and subsequently turning black. Even when attempting to close the GUI program using SSH, the same phenomenon occurs, leading to an unresponsive or black screen.

Based on your experience and knowledge, what are the potential reasons that could lead to the screen freezing and black screen problems described? Are there any specific known compatibility issues with the i.MX8QM chip and the operation of QT GUI programs that we should address? Furthermore, we would appreciate any recommendations or best practices to mitigate or troubleshoot this erratic behavior.

Your input and guidance on this matter would be immensely appreciated, and we are eager to implement any suggested solutions to ensure the stable and reliable operation of our custom circuit board.

65Q%A0}56TRS2EFHSE2{ZFF.png

ruge_0-1718188333565.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please check the processor temperature. Possibly its overheating may cause hanging of its components.

Also please check if the processor is powered fine. I mean the voltage levels is OK and there is no noise.

Also please make sure that you are running the latest BSP. Here may be some updates for GPU driver applied.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please check the processor temperature. Possibly its overheating may cause hanging of its components.

Also please check if the processor is powered fine. I mean the voltage levels is OK and there is no noise.

Also please make sure that you are running the latest BSP. Here may be some updates for GPU driver applied.

Regards

0 Kudos