Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx 7dual eMMc bitbake error

nhpark
Contributor II

2022-10-04 10;41;13.PNG

2022-10-04 10;41;48.png

   

I want to create emmc bootloader with bitbake. But I get an error during bitbake. Attach a picture of the environment configuration and error message capture. I want to know which manual I should refer to and why the error occurs.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

The "DISTRO" should be fsl-imx-xwayland not fsl-xwayland. You can change it from the "local.conf" that you posted

I'd recommend you build from scratch with the correct DISTRO, the distro name will be fsl-imx-xwayland

DISTRO=<distro name> MACHINE=<machine name> source imx-setup-release.sh -b <build dir>

Regarding "create emmc bootloader with bitbake

With successful completion of yocto build, you will see all files under the directory: <your build directory>/tmp/deploy/images/

You can refer to github.com for how to burn bootloader to eMMC to start.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

nhpark
Contributor II

The files were successfully created when bitbake core-image-minimal was executed except for UBOOT_CONFIG = "emmc" in local.conf. But when I add UBOOT_CONFIG = "emmc", it keeps failing. This time I ran bitbake core-image-minimal with fsl-imx-xwayland with DISTRO, but it still failed. I'll attach a picture of the configuration and error message. I need initramfs, dtb, zimage, rootfs, bootloader for burning to emmc. The helpful link has instructions on how to use uuu, but no instructions on bitbake to create the files used for uuu. I first create the files I mentioned above with bitbake.

2022-10-21 09;10;50.PNG

2022-10-21 09;12;00.PNG

  

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nhpark 

The DISTRO fsl-imx-x11 is not supported anymore. 

Harvey021_1-1665288657880.png

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

nhpark
Contributor II

....?????????????

0 Kudos

nhpark
Contributor II

Thanks for the support. I changed the setting to xwayland, but the error still occurs.

I don't know how to change the configuration. I refer to these documents, IMX_LINUX_USERS_GUIDE, IMX_PORTING_GUIDE, IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE, but I do not know the process for bitbake with EMMC. Is there any documentation I should refer to further? I would like to know the configuration and bitbake command for bitbake with emmc.

2022-10-19 09;18;02.PNG

2022-10-19 09;22;03.PNG

0 Kudos