cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ul JTAG eFUSE programming

patrick_schneid
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I have a (hopefully) simple question. We have a custom board with i.MX6ul controller, a JTAG connection and a ARM ULINK pro device. 

Is it possible to program the eFUSEs via JTAG with the ULINK pro device and if so, what software is used for that?

I know that it is recommended to use the NXP U-Boot software to program the fuses and that case is well tested and functional with our hardware - but we have use cases where we need to use the raw JTAG without UBoot already running on the device and without the USB-Bootloader and MFGTools.

Is that possible and what software is used?

Thank you guys and regards,

Patrick

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

almaz1c
Contributor III

I need same possibility - set boot mode via J-link for custom SoM without Usb connector at our mass production line. I need write BOOT_CFG1/2/4 efuses using JTAG interface. Does it possible at all?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patric

I am not aware of jtag scripts or tools for fuse programming, but

for adding fuse programming script commands one can look at baremetal sdk ocotp example

(OCOTP controller is similar to i.MX6Q),  1.1.0_iMX6_Platform_SDK.zip available on SMP Enable in IMX6 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

patrick_schneid
Contributor I

Hello Igor,

thanks for the answer. Then please let me ask a broader question.

Is there a JTAG flash tool for the i.MX6 UL in general? Something we can use in our production process if USB is not available?

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patric

sorry there is no JTAG flash tool for the i.MX6

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos