cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fw_env.config for imx8m (google coral)

uboot_problem
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm attempting to use fw_printenv/fw_setenv commands to access the uboot environment on my board. The issue is that the required fw_env.config file has not been previously defined. The contents are described here https://github.com/ARM-software/u-boot/blob/master/tools/env/fw_env.config

The issue is that my device has no matching paths under /dev/mtd*

cat /proc/mtd does not print the bootloader location but instead an empty response of

dev:    size   erasesize  name

My environment has no uboot.env file such as raspberry pi boards and defining that in the config file will result in a error when running fw_printenv

Read error on /uboot/uboot.env: Success

Attempting to use a path such as /dev/mmcblk1 0xc0000 0x20000 (beginning of the sd card) results in this warning:

Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment

restarting the system when such error is present will overwrite the mentioned partition with the default environment and make the system unbootable.

Which partition/offset/env size should I be using on the google coral platform? The system image is located on an sd card with mmcblk1p1 as the boot partition and mmcblk1p2 as the root filesystem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you are using a Google Coral board from NXP, you need to download the Image directly from this site, and follow the instructions of the Getting Started

https://coral.ai/docs/dev-board/get-started

Since the Code it is not as open as Linux.

0 Kudos

uboot_problem
Contributor I

The issue is not installing the system. I have flashed mendel os on the platform and it functions fine, but I haven't yet been able to find the correct settings for the fw_env.config file to allow access to the uboot environment.

0 Kudos