Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about bit [31: 26] of SRC_SBMR2 of i.MX 6Quad

Jump to solution
yasushihasegawa
Contributor III

Dear Community,

Our customer uses i.MX 6 Quad.

Although it is BOOT setting by SPI-NOR, the following trouble rarely occurs when resetting is repeated.
  [step1] Set POR_B from Low to High.
  [step2] i.MX 6 Quad accesses the SPI-NOR and transfers the first 4 KB to the internal RAM.
  [step3] No access to the next SPI-NOR.

The customer is investigating the above-mentioned trouble, and when reading the values of SRC_SBMR 1 and SRC_SBMR 2 using JTAG, it was the following value.

>SRC_SBMR1 (addr 0x20D_8004h) Value 0x1C002830
BOOT_CFG4[7:0]:
  BOOT_CFG4[7]=0b0 Infinite Loop Enable at start of boot ROM. Disabled
  BOOT_CFG4[6]=0b0 Disabled EEPROM recovery
  BOOT_CFG4[5:4] =0b01 CS select (SPI only) ECSPIx_SS1
  BOOT_CFG4[3]= 0b1 SPI Addressing (SPI only) 3-bytes (24-bit)
  BOOT_CFG4[2:0]=0b100 Port Select ECSPI-5
BOOT_CFG1[7:0] 
  BOOT_CFG1[7:4]=0b0011 Boot from Serial ROM

>SRC_SBMR2 (addr 20D_801Ch) Value 0x22000001
  bit31-26 = 0b001000   Reserved. This read-only field is reserved and always has the value 0.
  bit25-24 BMOD[1:0]= 0b10
  bit4 BT_FUSE_SEL=0b0 Bits of SBMR are overridden by GPIO pins.
  bit3 DIR_BT_DIS=0b0 Direct boot from external memory is allowed
  bit1-0 SEC_CONFIG[1:0]= 0b01  Open (allows any program image, even if authentication fails)

I think that there is probably no problem.

[Question]
The bit [31:26] of SRC_SBMR2 is explained in the Reference Manual as follows.
      This read-only field is reserved and always has the value 0.
However, when reading using JTAG, bit [31: 26] of SRC_SBMR2 is 0b001000, not 0.
Please tell me the meaning of "bit [31: 26] of SRC_SBMR2 is 0b001000".

Best Regards,
Yasushi Hasegawa

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yasushi

SRC_SBMR2 register also contains info about status of the internal test mode pins,

used for factory testing, sorry this is confidential info not intended for customer use.

Note, according to Hardware Guide The TEST_MODE input is internally connected to an

on-chip pulldown device. The user can either tie this signal to Vss or leave it unconnected.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yasushi

SRC_SBMR2 register also contains info about status of the internal test mode pins,

used for factory testing, sorry this is confidential info not intended for customer use.

Note, according to Hardware Guide The TEST_MODE input is internally connected to an

on-chip pulldown device. The user can either tie this signal to Vss or leave it unconnected.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
yasushihasegawa
Contributor III

Dear igorpadykov,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Best Regards,

Yasushi Hasegawa

0 Kudos