Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of ADV# pin in parallel NOR flash (ADMUX) interfacing

Jump to solution
VishalAvg
Contributor II

Hello,

I want to interface parallel NOR flash (256KB*16) with IMXRT1062 but this processor have same port pins for address and data bus. So, I find that ADV#. What is use of this ADV# pin? 

I have found this notes for SRAM. Is it same applicable for NOR flash also?

ADV# pin enables Address Path (ADQ=Address Buffer) by asserting ADV# input Low. When ADV# is High, Data Path is enabled (ADQ=I/O Buffer).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From the SEMC side, the data and address pins will be on MUX mode so it is not possible to have dedicated address/data pins for NOR flash. The communication will look like this:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1717025460922.png

Regarding using an external component to separate these signals. It looks viable however I cannot confirm if it is your adequate solution since it was not tested on our side.

Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

5 Replies
VishalAvg
Contributor II

Please reply me!

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, the use of ADV on nor flash is similar to the SRAM.

Best regards,
Omar

VishalAvg
Contributor II

Ok, Thanks for help.

Please tell me one more thing.

How can I interface parallel NOR flash for separate address bus and data bus? Can we interface directly?

If I interface same terminal of imxrt1062 with NOR flash address and data pins then command will be transfered on both bus of parallel NOR flash.

I have attached one image. 

I am thinking to add two 74LVC164245 IC in between imxrt1062 and flash chip. So that we can separate address/data transfer to flash chip.

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From the SEMC side, the data and address pins will be on MUX mode so it is not possible to have dedicated address/data pins for NOR flash. The communication will look like this:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1717025460922.png

Regarding using an external component to separate these signals. It looks viable however I cannot confirm if it is your adequate solution since it was not tested on our side.

Best regards,
Omar

VishalAvg
Contributor II

Ok thanks

0 Kudos