Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime pinmux i.MX6SX

Jump to solution
robertlehmann
Contributor II

Hello,

is there a possibility to change the pinmuxing at runtime. I need to do a very slow squence (5 Baud) on a UART interface. The simpliest thing would be using GPIO operations on the Tx Pin of the UART. Is there a possibility to change the pinmux settings without a reboot?

Thanks!

/Robert

1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

There are some ways to change the pin functions on runtime from Linux. One option could be using the Memtool, which is already included in our BPSs; please refer to the following thread for additional details:

memtool for i.MX6DP processor

Other option could be use the Devregs. You could get additional details on the following Community document:

devregs - tool to display and modify a device's registers at runtime

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
robertlehmann
Contributor II

Hello Carlos,

thank you for your reply. I used the memtool and it does the job for me.

Best regards

~Robert

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

There are some ways to change the pin functions on runtime from Linux. One option could be using the Memtool, which is already included in our BPSs; please refer to the following thread for additional details:

memtool for i.MX6DP processor

Other option could be use the Devregs. You could get additional details on the following Community document:

devregs - tool to display and modify a device's registers at runtime

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!